Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what has happened my internet speed

• 19-10-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41

Hi

My laptop has slown down to a complete stop, can't download any tv shows, took a good 3 minutes to load this site, it used to fly and over the last 2 weeks has gotten slower and slower. Can anybody help me get it back up to its normal speed. We have another laptop in the house and thats seems to be fine so its not the connection. Where do i look to clear stuff off the laptop to free it up etc...

thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Could be a whole host of things, virus, malware etc

When did you last scan the laptop for the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Limewire running by any chance? Stuff on Limewire is riddled with viruses and malware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Do a "cull" on any programs that you really don't need on the machine. (Uninstall).

Would you mind posting it's specs. Hard Drive Size, Memory, Processor. Just so we can get a better understanding of how bad a state it's in.

I'd go with previous posters suggestions too. Ensure you have a (decent) anti-virus and it's up to date. Do full system scan. If that doesn't find anything I'd also run a spybot scan to be sure.

Also install Ccleaner and let it run. This just removes any temporary bloat from the machine that's not needed. Also has a neat function of clearing defunct registry entries. (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download)

Advertisement