Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SGU 2x04 "Pathogen" *Spoilers*

• 19-10-2010 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Can they not fire Chloe out the airlock :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do try and remember a poll!

Not that I don't find your excitement to get this thread up rather contradictory to how much you seem to want to see this show fail...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm watchiong it aren't i?....it's the best of the three Stargates series...which is why i'm watching it, i think SG-1 and SG-A are utter sh*te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Don't we usually wait until the episode has aired until a thread is started? :confused: Doesn't the poll usually have options related to the episode as well (eg Binary pulsating for the season finale) or was that just me popping in late season to the forum?

No poll again, Richard? *shakes head* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Well...not that I'm quite prepared to vote just yet, but a poll would be nice...

whiteman19 wrote: »
    Don't we usually wait until the episode has aired until a thread is started? :confused: Doesn't the poll usually have options related to the episode as well (eg Binary pulsating for the season finale) or was that just me popping in late season to the forum?

No poll again, Richard? *shakes head* :P
    I used to do that, but apparently it was upsetting people so they started putting the thread up before me with just basic "good ok bad" options.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    I used to do that, but apparently it was upsetting people so they started putting the thread up before me with just basic "good ok bad" options.

I think it's just that 'FIRST!!!' mentality some people have.
    *considers starting thread for season finale*:rolleyes:

GarethWA wrote: »
    I think it's just that 'FIRST!!!' mentality some people have.
    *considers starting thread for season finale*:rolleyes:

Bollocks...it's that nobody else gives a rats ass about this show, days would go by and there'd be no episode posting, btw...i've requested a forum mod to add a poll, i hate polls myself....the options are always dross.

Bollocks...it's that nobody else gives a rats ass about this show, days would go by and there'd be no episode posting, btw...i've requested a forum mod to add a poll, i hate polls myself....the options are always dross.
    If thats your reason for posting, don't bother. We will do just fine without you.

starting a new thread void of your shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

awaits you posting viewer ratings in other thread, only for nobody to care.

The 56 votes in last weeks poll would beg to differ. (I would give as many rats asses as i currently have in my possession for this show, and more!) I hardly think 55 other people would come to this forum to discuss the ep, see there was no thread, and just leave! It just ain't that difficult to start a thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Just tack on a poll to keep everyone happy and bobs yer uncle. This thread was here first there is no needs for the second one to be opened its ridiculous.

awaits you posting viewer ratings in other thread, only for nobody to care.

You'll care when the show gets axed due to no one watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

You'll care when the show gets axed due to no one watching.

Maybe you should stop watching it, because you bring nothing to this forum but negitivity. Your sole purpose here seems to be ur desire to start threads that lack any content. You post nothing positive and bring nothing to the discussions. And contory to what u seem to believe alot of us actually enjoy the show.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Just tack on a poll to keep everyone happy and bobs yer uncle. This thread was here first there is no needs for the second one to be opened its ridiculous.

There was a need for the second one! This one has no poll...

There was a need for the second one! This one has no poll...

Someone could have just asked for one to be added if it bothered them that much, clearly its an dick measuring contest with some folks round here. :rolleyes:

Double threading is confusing to noobs and serves no purpose at all... aside from pandering to peoples egos that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Someone could have just asked for one to be added if it bothered them that much, clearly its an dick measuring contest with some folks round here. :rolleyes:

Double threading is confusing to noobs and serves no purpose at all... aside from pandering to peoples egos that is.
    shouldnt have to ask, people like polls, minorities like ratings, majorities like polls, i think the point was made last week with so many votes, why do you think theres dedictaed forum where you can discuss individual episodes and insert polls,

Well it wouldn't be necessary if noobs wouldn't go about starting threads without polls. I'm not specifically calling the OP a noob here, because he knows exactly how things are done in this forum, but he really has no excuse for not putting one up, especially since he started the thread for the previous episode that has a poll, albeit a fairly crap one.

TBH lads its exactly the same as the other thread minus a poll, all that needed to be done was have one added.
    Its not the first time a particular episode thread was started without a poll. People just ask for one to be added and alls fine. Example:http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056059116
    Just seems like the place is being cluttered with double threads simply because people have something against the OP its no good reason to act like this.

Its a public forum, you wont like everyone but its no good reason to not follow well known public forum guidelines.

Just seems like the place is being cluttered with double threads simply because people have something against the OP its no good reason to act like this.

Supply and demand:
    OP supplied a crap thread.
    Population demanded good thread.
    Good thread added.
    Population happy.

"No poll and no ep discussion make Homer something something"
    "Go crazy?"
    "DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!"

yeah id say the OP didnt even watch it at the time of posting, with such a random comment as firing chloe out an air lock, doesnt prove in any way that the OP actually watched the show,

is it in the charter or can it be added that you must discuss the episode in the first post, random comments prove noting, i could start a SGA thread with chloe should die, ;)

and polls must be added under threat of internet disconnection :D

• Advertisement

Well it wouldn't be necessary if noobs wouldn't go about starting threads without polls. I'm not specifically calling the OP a noob here, because he knows exactly how things are done in this forum, but he really has no excuse for not putting one up, especially since he started the thread for the previous episode that has a poll, albeit a fairly crap one.

It could be that i either forgot to add a poll or that i think they are pointless, imo...you decide.

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah id say the OP didnt even watch it at the time of posting, with such a random comment as firing chloe out an air lock, doesnt prove in any way that the OP actually watched the show,

is it in the charter or can it be added that you must discuss the episode in the first post, random comments prove noting, i could start a SGA thread with chloe should die, ;)

and polls must be added under threat of internet disconnection :D

Bollocks...it's normal for me to post episode threads before episodes air, it's well established i watch at US pace, meaning on Tuesday evening i posted the thread, it came out in the am Wednesday.

And i always take the piss out of Chloe, it's fun :p

Supply and demand:
    OP supplied a crap thread.
    Population demanded good thread.
    Good thread added.
    Population happy.

"No poll and no ep discussion make Homer something something"
    "Go crazy?"
    "DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!"

:rolleyes: what a load of cobblers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Easy to ask for a poll to be added. No need to double thread. Just because Richard is a *******wad doesn't mean we need a new thread.

Tristram wrote: »
    Easy to ask for a poll to be added. No need to double thread. Just because Richard is a *******wad doesn't mean we need a new thread.
    but we shouldnt have to request it, thats the point, and as long as richard keep the quality of his threads at such a low standard i feel double threading will be common place in all underperfomring show forums,:D

Bollocks...it's normal for me to post episode threads before episodes air, it's well established i watch at US pace, meaning on Tuesday evening i posted the thread, it came out in the am Wednesday.

And i always take the piss out of Chloe, it's fun :p
    but your not suppose to, the idea of a thread being there means it has aired and the OP has already started a debate, extremely poor quality thread,

but we shouldnt have to request it, thats the point, and as long as richard keep the quality of his threads at such a low standard i feel double threading will be common place in all underperfomring show forums,:D

Oh ffs stop being so sensetive and stroppy ! its not like you'd have to have had completed a 12 page poll request form a simple one liner would do. Get a grip. :rolleyes:
    If a poll was added at the start it'd be IDENTICAL to the second thread that shouldnt have existed in the first place. I swear to god the maturity level of some people round here is beyond ridiculous! ITS A PUBLIC FORUM ... if a thread is missing something ask for it from the OP. If you dont like the OP ... tough ****, thats no reason to clutter up a forum.

If you went through boards and everyone started similar threads simply cause they didnt like the OP of another thread the place would be a mess and frankly not last very long. Personally I am astonded that no mod has actioned this yet. The second thread was clearly against guidlines and should be removed.

Tristram wrote: »

I did request an edit by a catagory mod, but it never happened.

but your not suppose to, the idea of a thread being there means it has aired and the OP has already started a debate, extremely poor quality thread,

What a load of tripe :rolleyes: ...seriously?, you're throwing this kinda logic out?

• Advertisement

Oh ffs stop being so sensetive and stroppy ! its not like you'd have to have had completed a 12 page poll request form a simple one liner would do. Get a grip. :rolleyes:
    If a poll was added at the start it'd be IDENTICAL to the second thread that shouldnt have existed in the first place. I swear to god the maturity level of some people round here is beyond ridiculous! ITS A PUBLIC FORUM ... if a thread is missing something ask for it from the OP. If you dont like the OP ... tough ****, thats no reason to clutter up a forum.

If you went through boards and everyone started similar threads simply cause they didnt like the OP of another thread the place would be a mess and frankly not last very long. Personally I am astonded that no mod has actioned this yet. The second thread was clearly against guidlines and should be removed.

Simple solution...thread merge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'd be perfectly happy to merge threads, but this one has descended into farce, and is simply going to clutter up the discussion on the other one.

If discussion doesn't stay on-topic over there, I'm going to start deleting posts and issuing warnings / bans. Please take note.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement