Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

defrosting food (help)

Options
  • 19-10-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

I had ham in the freezer, took it out and into microwave with it to defrost. Once defrosted it was chopped into small pieces and put into a soup. I then put the soup into small containers, one for each day kind of thing.
    Problem is, i put some of them back into the freezer. Is that soup now no good to me? Due to the ham being frozen then derfosted and now frozen again, should i just throw it out or will it be safe to eat??

thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say it's fine. Meat that has been frozen when raw is perfectly safe to refreeze after you've cooked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's fine as long as the soup wasn't hanging around warm for a long time.

So if you, as it sounds like you did, defrosted the ham, made the soup and then cooled it and put it into containers and froze it relatively quickly it is absolutely fine.

Whether the frozen ham was cooked or not is not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

thanks for the replies. i'm still alive so it's all good.

anyone want some soup?? :D

Advertisement