Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mick O Leary for Taoiseach and Willie Walsh Finance Minister/How many would support??

• 19-10-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Don't know if a similar thread has been posted before but just out of curiosity how many of you would support them? Are there other people you have in mind that you would want to take the job in leading the country?

Mick in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYRHMckJPhU

Mick O' Leary as Taoiseach and Willie Walsh in Finance, would you support them? 12 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    crosstownkwmpdd3rugbymanNewApproachJev/Nmaxwell smartKolomanCelly SmuntPolySnow LeopardRockery WomanLynchy_ 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Michael O'Leary is self serving & highly successful at making money, so I don't see how he'd be any different from the Taoiseach we already have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

No
    Mick O'Leary would be a great minister for health.

Just imagine everyone in the hospital rushing for the best bed!!!!:D

Ah you want a cup of tea??? That will be E2 please...

And the anastethist - would you like to buy a scratch card before you go to sleeeeeppppp!!!!

But I think he would be better than Molly Harney!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

They would never get on together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I like MOL, however, running a business is different than running a c ountry...same vice versa:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Uh what a horrible world that would be. We'd all be slaving away for corporations for nothing.
    Quality of life would be the same as a ryanair flight, fairly ****ty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The day O'Leary takes control of this country is the day I'll fly around Europe with Ryanair for 5 years.. I'd rather put up with his populist ideals when confined inside a tube at 37,000ft than I would with him at the helm of Ireland as a whole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Unless someone is mentally unstable I don't see why anyone would want to be Taoiseach or Minister for Finance regardless of the salary or pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Unless someone is mentally unstable I don't see why anyone would want to be Taoiseach or Minister for Finance regardless of the salary or pension.

Even better would be someone competent in each job.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Why isn't my name in the poll?
    I want to be president.
    I will not allow FF into government if elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Terry wrote: »
    Why isn't my name in the poll?
    I want to be president.
    I will not allow FF into government if elected.

That's good enough for me, can i be one of your highly paid advisors?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

No difference.
    Those who could afford priority boarding would get the best seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

o' leary is a clever cat, i'd like to see what hilarious hijinks he'd come up with while in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I think I'd spoil my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Isn't Willy Walsh in the process of destroying BA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

o' leary is a clever cat, i'd like to see what hilarious hijinks he'd come up with while in power.

You'd have to pay €197 to collect your dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

galwayrush wrote: »
    Even better would be someone competent in each job.:rolleyes:

Even the most competent person would get roasted in either job at the moment however they approach the job of fixing the mess that this country is in.

Lots of people have their own thoughts on what should be done & which direction we should take but when it comes down to it, either job would be incredibly difficult even for the most determined person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Isn't Willy Walsh in the process of destroying BA?

I think BA was in a terrible state before he got anywhere near it. Its a miracle BA haven't ended up like Sabena (Belgium) or Swissair already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Don't know if a similar thread has been posted before but just out of curiosity how many of you would support them? Are there other people you have in mind that you would want to take the job in leading the country?

Mick in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYRHMckJPhU

Me old fella always said the same, God rest him [even though he's not dead yet].
    O' Leary will charge your dying grandmother 20 euro to bring a bag into the hospice - he is a businessman - he doesn't give 2 shiny ****es about you or your mother or your daughter or your cat.
    If you believe any different you are, no offence, a sad deluded, naieve, fcking eedjit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

No
    Mushy wrote: »
    I like MOL, however, running a business is different than running a c ountry...same vice versa:(

I disagree, a big corporation is very similar.

There is obvious differences but they're not completely diverged. Put it this way, we need innovation, efficiency, decent forward-thinking cost cutting etc. everything that an ailing corporation needs, and there are CEOs out there that are great at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

I dont understand the fascination some people have with o leary he seems like a mercenary of the worst kind to me, Im sure he probably gives money to charities but so do I .
    What would he bring to the job of taoiseach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ever see the dead zone? I'd feel compelled to shoot the c**t if he ever looked like being within a sniff of getting into power

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jev/N wrote: »
    I disagree, a big corporation is very similar.

There is obvious differences but they're not completely diverged. Put it this way, we need innovation, efficiency, decent forward-thinking cost cutting etc. everything that an ailing corporation needs, and there are CEOs out there that are great at it.

What do you think Mick O'Leary could do though? How Much could he actually get away with doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

No
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    What do you think Mick O'Leary could do though? How Much could he actually get away with doing?

I wouldn't prefer Mick to be honest, I'd rather a no-name CEO that can improve efficiency and lower spending without the need to attack the unemployed, sick etc. Someone with experience, unlike what we have at the moment

There are a few examples but can't think of any off the top of my head, I learned about some in case studies in college a few years back. They're the ones that are actually interested in improving the outlook of a company rather than their own personal gain

Advertisement