Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Street Fighter Tournament - 20th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Sairus wrote: »
    That'd be great if you could bring that stuff! =D I'm hoping to get 5 consoles set up on the day but currently only have 3. Do you have leads for the 360->monitor? Both of mine will be in use.

The monitor i'm bringing is HDMI so I have the cable for that, the tv i'm bringing has either HDMI or component, and i have a spare cable for component if it's needed. My monitor has no sound of its own so if anyone has small speakers they can bring that would be great as my own speakers are a bit bulky :v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PontyfaxJr

Expect 2 or 3 shannon lads to come down for this.
    One good
    One bad
    And one ugly (but be nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Where are you gonna be putting the posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

PontyfaxJr wrote: »
    Expect 2 or 3 shannon lads to come down for this.
    One good
    One bad
    And one ugly (but be nice)

Good stuff! More the merrier =D
    Dunjohn wrote: »
    Where are you gonna be putting the posters?
    Comic shop, colleges, shopping area notice boards, yadda yadda.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This sounds like it's really working out.

Good work Sairus.

Make loads of videos. I want to know who's asses I have to kick when I travel down in the future :D

• Advertisement

Current equipment stands at:

Monitor/TV x 6
    Game x 5
    Console x 5
    Speakers x 1

Cheers for people bringing stuff. If anyone else wants to bring any equipment, more setups will never be a bad thing! =D
    Some of the TVs have inbuilt speakers, but if anyone can bring any sets of speakers please do!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Really looking forward to this. If anyone from limerick is going, how ye getting up? Need to sort out the cheapest way up and down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Really looking forward to this. If anyone from limerick is going, how ye getting up? Need to sort out the cheapest way up and down.

Outward Journey - 20 Nov 2010
    Departing Limerick 10:00 Arriving Cork 11:50

Return Journey - 20 Nov 2010
    Departing Cork 18:30 Arriving Limerick 20:13

That costs 22.50, and if you check the bargain alerts section for the 20% of Irish Rail thread, you'll get the trip for 18 euro. Paul Street is about 15 minutes walk from there or just share a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Outward Journey - 20 Nov 2010
    Departing Limerick 10:00 Arriving Cork 11:50

Return Journey - 20 Nov 2010
    Departing Cork 18:30 Arriving Limerick 20:13

That costs 22.50, and if you check the bargain alerts section for the 20% of Irish Rail thread, you'll get the trip for 18 euro. Paul Street is about 15 minutes walk from there or just share a taxi.

10 min walk at most, dont get caught for a taxi there..!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

I should be able to make it to this one. At least the trip will be shorter, and hopefully my bus won't break down again... good times.

• Advertisement

I plastered a good few posters up around Cork today so hopefully that'll drag in some new faces. It's quite annoying how none of the game shops will put up ads for stuff like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I plastered a good few posters up around Cork today so hopefully that'll drag in some new faces. It's quite annoying how none of the game shops will put up ads for stuff like this.

From my experience, shops won't take posters, but they are very happy to take some flyers and leave them on the counter.

not sure if you put up any in St Johns College today since i was in the studio all but if not then you should because i know a few in there play ssf4 aswell..!!

also why dont you try some gaming/internet cafes in cork aswell, bound to get a few from there...

not sure if you put up any in St Johns College today since i was in the studio all but if not then you should because i know a few in there play ssf4 aswell..!!

also why dont you try some gaming/internet cafes in cork aswell, bound to get a few from there...

I put a couple up in St John's last night - only on the main reception lobby. Are there any more notice boards?

I put one up in Web WorkHouse and meant to go to the other net cafés today - totally forgot though. Shall do so in the morrow =)

I put a couple up in St John's last night - only on the main reception lobby. Are there any more notice boards?

I put one up in Web WorkHouse and meant to go to the other net cafés today - totally forgot though. Shall do so in the morrow =)

nah the main ones in the lobby area are pretty much the only ones people would look at..!! ill make sure to point it out to people :)

Here's a map of where the NewPort is in relation to the bus and train station.
    If you're walking from either the easiest path is to get to the bus station, then walk along the river until you get to the large plaza in front of the Opera House, then turn left into the city.

[IMG][/img]SFCorkMap.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Cheers for the map, never been to Cork yet, should actually find the place now. Hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Turns out I won't be able to make it after all :( Something popped up - I knew about it.....just didn't realise it was clashing with this (typical though really!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

There are going to be recordings of the bouts yeah? Are there any objections to posting such material on a community site I've been building over at http://www.mordor-mashup.com ? It's a small scale tournament a couple of use EDGE folk have been running for awhile, I'd love to include some of the Irish outings as well (with obvious preference going to Streetfighter.ie) - Anyway, see you guys Sat :)

Sairus could you pm me your mobile, for Thurs evening? Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Would love to have come to this but can't get a saturday off work at the moment:mad:.

Saw the posters in CIT they look great, best of luck with it lads.

• Advertisement

Speedhaak wrote: »
    There are going to be recordings of the bouts yeah? Are there any objections to posting such material on a community site I've been building over at http://www.mordor-mashup.com ? It's a small scale tournament a couple of use EDGE folk have been running for awhile, I'd love to include some of the Irish outings as well (with obvious preference going to Streetfighter.ie)
    Yar, sure whatever! I'll just be loading the vifeos to Youtube anyways, so you can embed them wherever you want!
    mackg wrote: »
    Would love to have come to this but can't get a saturday off work at the moment:mad:.

Saw the posters in CIT they look great, best of luck with it lads.

Ah right, darn shame. You should come to casuals on Thursday evening anyways! =D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056089314

There are going to be recordings of the bouts yeah? Are there any objections to posting such material on a community site I've been building over at http://www.mordor-mashup.com ? It's a small scale tournament a couple of use EDGE folk have been running for awhile, I'd love to include some of the Irish outings as well (with obvious preference going to Streetfighter.ie) - Anyway, see you guys Sat :)

Sairus could you pm me your mobile, for Thurs evening? Cheers man.

Dude why not post the inferno videos I've spent forever making? :D

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0D6FAA2EDC13C9B3

Dude why not post the inferno videos I've spent forever making? :D

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0D6FAA2EDC13C9B3

Yeah man, I just finished the site this week. I was toying with asking you guys for permission to link to Inferno videos. The site was initially for a private community from the EDGE boards but ideally I'd like it to be open to all, starting with Cork this sat of which I hope to have some nice Imagery (iPhone :( ) and videos of afterwards (I think Sairus is doing videos?)

Anyway, cool beans. I'll Get some of those Inferno videos up there, I just don't want to step on any toes with the SF.ie guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

SF.ie is just there to try and promote the tournaments and the scene.
    I would say the more places the videos are then the more likely it is someone might see them and maybe come along to the tournaments.

I realise that (now) - still though, it's always polite to ask first.

Yeah man, I just finished the site this week. I was toying with asking you guys for permission to link to Inferno videos. The site was initially for a private community from the EDGE boards but ideally I'd like it to be open to all, starting with Cork this sat of which I hope to have some nice Imagery (iPhone :( ) and videos of afterwards (I think Sairus is doing videos?)

Anyway, cool beans. I'll Get some of those Inferno videos up there, I just don't want to step on any toes with the SF.ie guys.

You won't :)

If it goes up on the brianvondoom youtube channel, feel free to use it. If I don't want something in the public eye I can always take it down.

We could take a trip over some time (or those lads over here) :) would be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not sure if Nicks front room could handle that many people!

Not sure if Nicks front room could handle that many people!

Well then, they could take a trip over here and we could introduce them to the wonder of the woolshed kareoke.

• Advertisement

Well then, they could take a trip over here and we could introduce them to the wonder of the woolshed kareoke.

Trying to coax City dwelling hobbits from their perch in London is no easy feat. Similar in art, to getting your Dubs down to Cork.

Advertisement