Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive for 13 years

Options
  • 19-10-2010 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I am new here this has been recommended to me by a friend. I have read through some threads and thought I would put up my story and hopefully get some tips. So heres my story.

I have been with my partner for 13 years we have never used protection. After two years we figured there was some sort of problem. We went to our doctors and the doctor told us we were still young and just to keep trying. So two or three years later still no pregnancy so we went back to the doctor. He referred us to the retunda hospital. We both had tests done which came back all clear no problem with me or my partner.

Put me on clomid for three months 15mg. Nothing happened then put us up to 50mg and still nothing happening and finally put me on 100mg of clomid and still no joy. Told us to still stay trying as we were to young to try ivf as I was 22 and my partner was 23.

I am now 29 and my partner is 30 and finally they have accepted us for ivf treatment which should start after christmas hopefully. We have had more tests through the years and still they can find no problem with me or my partner. We have tried ovulation kits which so far haven't worked for me only came up positive for one day. I am also on folic acid and my partner is on Activit G and was also on zinc.

My periods seem to be all over the place some months I could miss a period altogether. Other months its fine. I have told doctors this and they still say there is nothing wrong with me. I still always ask myself why have I not conceived yet?

Sorry for the long post but I just thought I would put all the information that I can in. So if anybody has a similar story or even is going through the same process would like to hear your story. Would also greatly appreciate any tips that you might have.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pregzt

Hi shy girl,

I'd suggest to book appointment for consultation in one of the IVF clinics. This costs a bit but you can talk to the doctor about the options and also do some initial follow-up examinations of yourself and your partner. This is even before you commit to do any treatment, just to asses where you are and what sort of treatment would have a highest chance to succeed. In my opinion it's good to know rather than speculating.

We'd been tried for a few years and finally decided to visit IVF clinic. The tests revealed that my wife was perfectly fine, but the issues was the quality of my sperm was not so great. Today, after single successful cycle, we enjoy our little lad, who is now 10 months old and has just started crawling!

Cheers,
    Tom

Advertisement