Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lights in Cbar

Options
  • 19-10-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

The new traffic lights on the Newport road at St Geralds have been in a few weeks now. What's the verdict on them?

The sequencing could do with being adjusted I reckon. The road from Woodies to the DLS gets very little time on green and you invariably have to wait for 2 sequences before you get through. It's probably as quick if not quicker to go up to the old junction at New town.

I've also noticed that when you are coming from the Newport direction and turning right, that a lot of people are seeing the the green man for pedestrians and thinking it's a green light for them. The pedestrian lights do not have shutters on them to narrow their visibility and 3 times now I've seen people turn right through a red light.

I presume the council will monitor the sequencing for a while and then update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

ya i agree with u it not much quicker and i let up da clutch when i seen da green man :eek: maybe a mini roundabout wud have worked better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

4 to 5 cars is all i have counted that are allowded from aldi turning on to the newport road and i have nearly turned right on the green man instead of the green light. i am aware of it now though but its very deceiving coming down the hill on the newport rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Am not an engineer or town planner or anything, but I couldn't understand why they put lights here instead of a roundabout. Crazy. All they have achieved is moving the Newport traffic problem up to the new junction. Getting out from the bridge side is way too slow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Exactly, stupidity of the highest order. All it did as u said was move the problem 200ft up the road!

Advertisement