Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows IE not responding.

• 19-10-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

There is a problem on this computer connecting to internet explorer after a problem caused it to close last week.

There are four different passwords on this computer .

One of them is back working .
    The other three will not connect to IExplorer.
    The message back is Windows Internet Explorer ..not responding.

My computer knowledge is very limited but I imagine there cant be to much wrong as 25% of the passwords is working fine but I just cant find the answer.

Any ideas please

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Right so just to clarify. There are four user accounts and only one (I'm guessing the administrator) can access the web ok?

Does the program come up as not responding in the task manager or just sites don't load?

Do you get any messages before the crash?

Can you check your internet connection settings (tools - internet options - connection tab) and compare them to the other accounts? I'm hoping it's as simple as that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Fresz19

Internet Explorer - best broswer to download another broswer :D

Right so,
    this should help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449

if it dosent open blanck page it means that there is something wrong with IE and needs to be reinstaled.

Have you downloaded any updates for windows? These might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Fresz19 wrote: »
    Internet Explorer - best broswer to download another broswer :D

Exactly :D

Basically Willie, Internet Explorer is a pile of ****e but its not the only option you have when looking to browse the internet. Internet Explorer is a web browser, it does not grant access to the internet - it merely translates the
    internet content into a shiney window for you.

But there are other alternatives, much much better ones.
    Basically download and install one of these guys.
    Everyone has their own preference, mine is Google Chrome, firefox
    is pretty good too :)

Firefox:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html

Google Chrome:
    http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/landing_chrome_mac.html?hl=en

Install is pretty simple, just follow the on screen instructions.

Just to add before u ask how to do it - use pendrive to download it on other pc and transfer it to your one.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

chin_grin wrote: »
    Right so just to clarify. There are four user accounts and only one (I'm guessing the administrator) can access the web ok?

Does the program come up as not responding in the task manager or just sites don't load?

Do you get any messages before the crash?

Can you check your internet connection settings (tools - internet options - connection tab) and compare them to the other accounts? I'm hoping it's as simple as that!

Can the administrator change the setting for the whole system. ( i can log into that ..I think..

When my page opens it opens as Igoogle windows internet explorer.

When the other passwords try to open they get windows internet explorer not responding. There is no mention of Igoogle.

As I cant open the page I cant access tools because its not responding.

I would like to keep internet explorer just to keep all opening pages the same.
    Any further ideas.

• Advertisement

just to let u know... Using Internet Explorer is like fishing for viruses, using IE is just wrong

Thanks for all the help. I seem to have resolved the problems....
    Internet explorer for myself...which Im afraid to change incase I start the problems all over again. Google chrome works for the others.

HOWEVER....
    There is one more problem.
    I tried today to load some photos from my Kodak MD1063 to my computer BUT I cant.
    I usually connect the camera lead to the computer and it connects automatically. I just have to press Import and the download begins. Today there is no sign to say the camera is connected. I probably lost or changed something over the last few days with the other problems .

Any idea on this one please.
    Thanks

Thanks for all the help. I seem to have resolved the problems....
    Internet explorer for myself...which Im afraid to change incase I start the problems all over again. Google chrome works for the others.

HOWEVER....
    There is one more problem.
    I tried today to load some photos from my Kodak MD1063 to my computer BUT I cant.
    I usually connect the camera lead to the computer and it connects automatically. I just have to press Import and the download begins. Today there is no sign to say the camera is connected. I probably lost or changed something over the last few days with the other problems .

Any idea on this one please.
    Thanks

Any ideas on the camera bit folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

perhaps goto my computer and see if it shows up there as an external drive.If it does,just duoble click to view its contents.

EDIT:also check to see that you have autoplay enabled.Can be found in the control panel

Advertisement