Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thatcher in hospital

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm not in the least bit offended by the pre-emptive grave-dancing, or urging posters to be sensitive - I think the woman's a cunt. But the former just seems really childish and undignified is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm not in the least bit offended by the pre-emptive grave-dancing, or urging posters to be sensitive - I think the woman's a cunt. But the former just seems really childish and undignified is all.

Also have we not been here before about a year ago? Could've sworn she went into hospital for something and there was a merry jig talked up here.

EDIT: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055598583&highlight=thatcher

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

amacachi wrote: »
    What did he do to deserve to go to hell? Or is Thatcher going to heaven?
    All dogs go to heaven apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

OisinT wrote: »
    All dogs go to heaven apparently

Touché salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

My god this thread is pathetic.

What sort of messed up people wish suffering on an old woman?
    She has done a lot of bad things. But she is unlikely to do many more.

She was often accused of lacking compassion. Sadly, it seems people here have a lot in common with that which they are damning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

fergalr wrote: »

She was often accused of lacking compassion. Sadly, it seems people here have a lot in common with that which they are damning.

Fuck 'er!.

fergalr wrote: »

I'm not an old lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Sinn Féin showing their usual class.

Must see if I can find one of those delightful "Keep Ireland Beautiful: Dump your rubbish in Britain" stickers I saw on the back the the local scumhouds' car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hope the oul pox rots

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Friday afternoon, 4:48pm. Would be a nice way to ease into a Bank Holiday weekend.

Friday afternoon, 4:48pm. Would be a nice way to ease into a Bank Holiday weekend.
    I'll be drinking in the pit by then :D

I'll be drinking in the pit by then :D

i havent enjoyed a good session in ages. looks like ill have a sore head some morning soon

i havent enjoyed a good session in ages. looks like ill have a sore head some morning soon

I'm drinking a 2 litre bottle of linden village now in preparation,may she die screaming for a priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I am gonna come right out and say it.....

I like Thatcher's economic policies and principles.

She may have been a bit of a cúnt with the North but for her pursuit of free markets and economic libertarianism I give her a round of applause.

D-Generate wrote: »

She may have been a bit of a cúnt with the North but for her pursuit of free markets and economic libertarianism I give her a round of applause.
    Socially I hate her, but economically she was pretty good.

I liked Thatcher's economic policies and principles.

She was a cúnt with the North but for her pursuit of free markets and economic libertarianism I'm going to give her a roundhouse kick.

Corrected your post for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

"a bit of a cúnt" in the same way that the Irish Economy is a small bit sick.

Socially I hate her, but economically she was pretty good.

tell that to the the thousands of coal miners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:eek: Thought Brummytom had done a major u-turn!

Her style was far too brutal - privatisation of pretty much everything is going to cause a lot of have-nots. And yeah, the heart was ripped out of a lot of mining towns, which are still suffering today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Latchy wrote: »
    I remember her 'there is no such thing as society ' quote . Fook me she wasn't meaning it to be interpreted this way ( I dont think ) :pac: but if ever a quote suited these times it would be that one

She meant it as she said; a preposterous thing for the head of a government to say.
    That's why she seems to be one of the few 'heads of state' admired by self-styled libertarians; themselves seemingly oblivious to the unworkable contradicition at its heart.
    If she does die soon, you can expect a lionisation of her by the usual suspects in the Irish media; who will attempt to use the gleeful sentiments expressed by a few as a way to demonise all those who oppose the political/economic philosophy she espoused and by extension lend weight to its merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yes, I'm aware I'm Godwinning it, but Hitler got the trains to run on time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

might be a good time for lightning / wildcat strike by The Health Sector Unions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

ascanbe wrote: »
    She meant it as she said; a preposterous thing for the head of a government to say.That's why she seems to be one of the few 'heads of state' admired by self-styled libertarians; themselves seemingly oblivious to the unworkable contradicition at its heart.
    If she does die soon, you can expect a lionisation of her by the usual suspects in the Irish media; who will attempt to use the gleeful sentiments expressed by a few as a way to demonise all those who oppose the political/economic philosophy she espoused and by extension lend weight to its merits.
    Indeed it was .

I remember shortly after when she had left office ,spitting image had a field day with her puppet character and one scene in particular has her wearing a tatty old cardigan ,rocking back and forth in a chair with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and mumbling to the home nurse ie,

'' I use to be famous you know '' ? on which the nurse replys

'' there there dear ,you'll be fine ,just fine

only spitting mage at the time could get away with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yes, I'm aware I'm Godwinning it, but Hitler got the trains to run on time.

That was Mussolini.

Hitler simply got the trains full of passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Dudess wrote: »
    I absolutely detest the woman - most of all for her friendship with that monster Pinochet - but this celebration when she dies lark... bit 14-year-old isn't it? There's gonna be major canonisation of her when she dies anyway, so it won't be that great for those who plan to celebrate. And, what's so brilliant about her dying? The world will remain as it was - it won't change what she did.

It's heartwarming whenever her ilk leave this world. There is only so much oxygen to go around. There is really no need to be wasting it on people that should have been assassinated 40 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I like her for the simple fact she stood up to the IRA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

hope she dies screaming!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I like her for the simple fact she stood up to the IRA.
    I regret the fact they didn't kill her when they had the chance

Advertisement