Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thatcher in hospital

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

old evil b!tch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Mrs Thatcher ill....".Nothing trivial I hope"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

she's sick or as yank says ill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I like her for the simple fact she stood up to the IRA.

...while turning a blind eye to her security forces colluding with Loyalist terrorists in the murder of scores of innocent people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i grew up in an area with a strong republican ethos

as school kids, we used get hours of fun out of this: (it was the 80s and there was fcuk all else to do...)

draw a stick woman on the palm of your right hand
    scribble on the palm of your left hand

place right hand, palm up, on top of left hand and chant:

"this is maggie thatcher
    throw her up and catch her" (while making throwing gesture)

then rub hands together saying "squish squash" twice

then display left palm and say
    "now THIS is maggie thatcher"

somehoe doesnt have the same effect when you have to read it rather than witness it

but trust me, it's fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Well for all the bad she did she did give us one good thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2DnW5uC1_A

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dudess wrote: »
    I absolutely detest the woman - most of all for her friendship with that monster Pinochet - but this celebration when she dies lark... bit 14-year-old isn't it?

Her relationship with him, and with the rest of the O'Shea family, laid the groundwork for improved Anglo-Irish relations, I'll have you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jiggerypokery

will the lady be for turning when the bed sores kick in:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

DonJose wrote: »
    Die slowly and painfully you dirty wh0re!!!
    I understand your sentiment but try to keep the abuse down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Haven't seen the news all today, someone please tell me she died - in agony!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was in Glasgow in the mid 80's and couldn't get over the amount of people that couldn't stand her, you could buy rolls of jacks paper over the counter with her facial impression printed on each sheet. (We could do with the same here today with some of our own politicians. :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Pity she's not in an Irish hospital, MRSA would have got her by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Pretty apt that cnut is in 'Cromwell' Hospital....I don't know which one was worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pity she's not in an Irish hospital, MRSA would have got her by now.

There's a fair bit of MRSA in the UK also, I worked in the NHS for 8 years, so believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

News just in:

She has been diagnosed as having mad cow disease. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I hated the woman, with a passion, but I,m curious to understand how this thread (or more precisely the comments in it) fit in with the new rules http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056026459

She did a great number of ruthless things, but she also did a lot of good, which is why she remained as prime minister for over ten years. Without thatcher, the UK would have gone bankrupt decades ago thanks to the militant unions that were running the place. She modernised the country and brought in companies like Honda, Toyota and Nissan who otherwise would have gone to Germany or Italy.

Yeah, she destroyed the unions, but she also brought in things like share save schemes which meant that employees had a vested interest in the profitability of their employer.

Whilst she was very harsh on republicans in the north, she was no friend of the unionists either and hated Paisley as much as she hated Adams.

The woman had balls and for that i admire her, if I don't particularly like her. Ireland could do with a thatcher type leader to stop it heading back to the eighties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

We have a very jaundiced few of the woman in Ireland. And not without reason, many of her foreign policy choices were pretty damn poor.

But she voted for the legalisation of abortion, the decriminalisation of homosexuality, she fought against the power of the more insidious unions. As a politician she had a world view, and she tried to implement it. Can't agree with a lot of it, but at least she had the moral courage to try and implement change.

Don't wish death on anyone, not least one of the most interesting and controversial figures in post-war European history.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'll say this for her - she was no coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mysillyusername

If we had a politican like Thatcher in Ireland we would have somebody willing to take on the unions, dismantle the stupid Croke Park agreement and take some steps to getting us out of this crap....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

I remember a whole generation of people in the eighties going to England to get work in Thatchers Britain, and damn glad they were to get work too. Many are still there, and speak highly of how they were treated in England. Minorities there got treated equally. People there could get work if they wanted. At the time we had Haughey living his double life with his Mistress, and telling us to wear the hairshirt while he shopped for the most expensive hand-made shirts in the world in Paris. Vat here was 35% as opposed to 15% in the UK. No wonder people fled to England for work, and up north for shopping. Remember the customs at the border trying to stop people taking stuff back ? Ah, those were the days. Thatcher served three terms as prime minister, so she must have done something right. She may have paid herself less than than Brian Cowens would pay his secretary, but you have you admire her guts, hard work ( no 3 months holidays for her ) and determination. The night she was nearly killed ( Brighton bombing ) she was reading documents / going through speeches etc at 2 or 3 am....where would Cowen have been ...getting drunk before addressing the nation at 8.45 am ? Guess who served 3 terms as p.m. and who will not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Pity they didnt get her in Brighton

Then there would have been no Anglo Irish Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Why is she hated by Irish people so much? I can understand to a certain extent for the way in which republican prisoners were treated and the way she treated the working class in the UK but it almost seems that she is villified more here than other people who might rightly deserve it more.

Has anyone answered this?

Renn wrote: »
    Has anyone answered this?

No, because no one can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I hated the woman, with a passion, but I,m curious to understand how this thread (or more precisely the comments in it) fit in with the new rules http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056026459

She did a great number of ruthless things, but she also did a lot of good, which is why she remained as prime minister for over ten years. Without thatcher, the UK would have gone bankrupt decades ago thanks to the militant unions that were running the place. She modernised the country and brought in companies like Honda, Toyota and Nissan who otherwise would have gone to Germany or Italy.

Yeah, she destroyed the unions, but she also brought in things like share save schemes which meant that employees had a vested interest in the profitability of their employer.

Whilst she was very harsh on republicans in the north, she was no friend of the unionists either and hated Paisley as much as she hated Adams.

The woman had balls and for that i admire her, if I don't particularly like her. Ireland could do with a thatcher type leader to stop it heading back to the eighties.

Go tell that to the good folk of all the mining towns in England & Wales and see what kind of a reception you get.

I sincerely wish for to die in excruciating agony that lasts for months. That would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Insightful stuff. Have you any theories as to what would have happened if such an event had come to pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did you know Norman Tebitt was the fastest reader in the world, went thru five storeys in 30 seconds :p

Ok I know it works better when you say it rather than type it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Check out this attachment - to be sent to Lizzie in the event of Maggie's death

karma_ wrote: »
    Go tell that to the good folk of all the mining towns in England & Wales and see what kind of a reception you get.

I sincerely wish for to die in excruciating agony that lasts for months. That would be nice.

the British coal mining industry was a dead industry. the pits were madly uneconomical, mainly because of the militant unions. The UK tax payer was basically paying people high wages to dig coal that was then sold at a loss.

The miners played the biggest part in their own demise and if anyone should get theoir scorn, it should be Arthur Scargill.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you know Norman Tebitt was the fastest reader in the world, went thru five storeys in 30 seconds :p

Ok I know it works better when you say it rather than type it

i like it.

I've got bobby Sands phone number if you want it.

8 nothing 8 nothing 8 nothing.

Again, better when you say it:D

Advertisement