Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thatcher in hospital

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,056 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No?..

Cool that she sent a task force to free The Falkland Islands from the Argentine invasion, then a year later done nothing when Ragan invaded Grenada, another British colony.

Didn't the Americans go there expecting to meet half the Cuban army, but they weren't there? The British probably knew the intel was bad, but wanted the US to suffer embarrassment for old time's sake, so kept their mouths shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Nodin wrote: »
    I'm exploring your point. I await your replies with interest.

Don't take all day friend, it is after all only one line;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

keano_afc wrote: »
    ...while turning a blind eye to her security forces colluding with Loyalist terrorists in the murder of scores of innocent people.
    Im only looking at the positives regarding her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Don't take all day friend, it is after all only one line;)

If you'd be as good....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68600836&postcount=168

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Im only looking at the positives regarding her.

1 - She didn't stay on longer.
    2 - See above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Here's Maggie Thatcher, throw her up and catch her.
    Squish, squash, squish- here's Maggie Thatcher:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

1 - She didn't stay on longer.
    2 - See above.
    Eh?

No, im talking about the fact she said NO to the PIRA and made sure the SAS killed plenty of them.

Well, that is an answer of itself really.

So, when you said -
    If the French had followed her example they wouldn't have to put up with the chaos over there for the past month

- it was without any real thought or analysis of either the current situation in France, or the historic situation with regards to the coal mining industry in either country. Essentially -

'Unions Bad.... Maggie Smash....Maggie Good!!!!!!'

in the sort of childish kneejerk emotional reaction that would be more expected of a pre-pubescent in the midst of a tantrum.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

**** off Thatcher. ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

May her last few days/hours be of nothing but incredible pain and suffering, and if there is a hell, lets hope the devil has a special place for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Isn't this talk of her death a bit premature? I mean does anyone actually know how seriously ill she is or are they just speculating?

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Isn't this talk of her death a bit premature? I mean does anyone actually know how seriously ill she is or are they just speculating?

We're hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Total legend. Stood up to the unions without any give, stood up to terrorists without a hint of backing down. I would love us to have a leader like her. She won 3 elections without being a vote whore and did it all for the good of her country. She's a political hero for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'm just pointing out the patheticness of people pretending they're delighted she's dying.

Pretending? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bye bye from the filthy homos Maggie!
    Funny how you weren't the only one in your cabinet to like Having a good Willie!!!

pauleta wrote:
    Total legend. Stoop up to the unions without any give, stood up to terrorists without a hint of backing down. I would love us to have a leader like her. She won 3 elections without being a vote whore and did it all for the good of her country. She's a political hero for me.
    Yes. If only we had a system where a minority of the vote could give you an overwhelming majority in the dail, I'm sure then you'd have your little dream come true....

Just think...legislating against the gays, supporting dictators who rape women with mice..it'd be a golden age...

brummytom wrote: »
    Pretending? :confused:

He thinks they're pretending now, he should see what happens over the water when they spend a few million on her state funeral....They'll be pretending like fuckery, so they will.....

Yes. If only we had a system where a minority of the vote could give you an overwhelming majority in the dail, I'm sure then you'd have your little dream come true....

Just think...legislating against the gays, supporting dictators who rape women with mice..it'd be a golden age...

......what?

......what?

Pinochet. They raped women with mice. They used dogs as well.

Its under "sexual violence as torture" here...
    http://www.memoriayjusticia.cl/english/en_issues-women.html

• Advertisement

Lemiwinks...oh Lemiwinks...

Pinochet. They raped women with mice. They used dogs as well.

Its under "sexual violence as torture" here...
    http://www.memoriayjusticia.cl/english/en_issues-women.html

That is unbelievably cruel, I actually cannot believe what I just read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

Pauleta wrote: »
    Total legend. Stood up to the unions without any give, stood up to terrorists without a hint of backing down. I would love us to have a leader like her. She won 3 elections without being a vote whore and did it all for the good of her country. She's a political hero for me.

Ill translate what you have said into truth:

'Total dictator, threatened and bullied unions to make thousands jobless and destroy permanently the traditional infrastructures of entire towns, tried to take on the IRA whose prisoners were looking to have their rights as political prisoners honoured as outlined in the Geneva convention, in the process ten men died and it led to an upsurge in violence, the support for the hunger strikers making support for the IRA stronger then ever.
    She didnt need to be a vote whore because it only takes afew hundred votes in her constiuency to get elected and she did what she thought was best for her country not what was good for her people, not to mention the people of other countries she had no business in poking her nose into, a complete tyrant'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Pauleta wrote: »

Your tears of mourning will make her eventual death all the more sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Long may she live!

In agonising pain and with the dignity she deserves, having her nappy changed every hour while sucking her meals through a straw.

That is unbelievably cruel, I actually cannot believe what I just read.

I heard by word of mouth in around 1988/89 and I didn't believe it then meself, tbh. However, when you see me or some other header crapping on about Reagan or maggie backed various bastards in latin America you now know the kind of thing thats at the back of it.

Well, that is an answer of itself really.

So, when you said -

- it was without any real thought or analysis of either the current situation in France, or the historic situation with regards to the coal mining industry in either country. Essentially -

Spot on buddy.... took a long time for the centime to drop.;)

Now , off you go and try to get some other poor idiot to dance on the head of a pin.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is she dead yet? (.co.uk)

Spot on buddy.... took a long time for the centime to drop.;)

O I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even people without the wherewithal to realise the indefensible nature of their position.

• Advertisement

O I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even people without the wherewithal to realise the indefensible nature of their position.

And what would that be friend, do tell, based on the post in question.

Advertisement