Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Against The Machine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This notorious "silent composition" from 1952 will "make Simon Cowell's head explode", promise the organisers

i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

I covered this song numerous times in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

I heard the composer (Cage) say that people don't know how to listen to music anymore and if you listen closely you can hear the wind blow and this kind of nonsense. That said, Id prefer to listen to silence (or people coughing randomly and the odd random noise) than the latest offering from Simon Cowell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this **** just got real

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I love Cage's work, I thoroughly enjoy it, but I don't want this to happen. Nor will it do the same thing "Killing In The Name" done last year, this year people will think of it as "a blank CD". As with last year they were actually getting something for it. I think PanterA would be far better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

You're right Nailz but I'd rather buy the sound of a fingernail on a blackboard than the rubbish he puts on that show every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You're right Nailz but I'd rather buy the sound of a fingernail on a blackboard than the rubbish he puts on that show every week.
    Very true... My I recommend some John Zorn or Brian Eno?

Advertisement