Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to find out costs for new internet business?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭

With a partner in China we are thinking of opening a dating website there.
    The idea is to open initially with people in one city and if successful grow and sell the franchise to other dating agencies in other part of China - they get to put their member profiles on our network and use the services we offer that others don't.

So initially what we will need - a website where people can put their profiles (or we can put for them) and others can correspond.
    It needs to have paypal or google check out built in, with a store front to sell addons - flowers, etc - we can get tie ins with local business to offer flowers and trinkets etc for corresponding couples.

It needs to be expandable - so if we sell the right to open for example a Beijing office the franchise owner can just recruit members in that area to join and upload them directly to the site.

I know this sounds a bit disjointed, its a little hard to explain.
    We need a website where people can send eachother private messages, upload to their profile and pay for stuff for other members easily - a one stop shop.

We would need someone to maintain the site for at least the first year.
    Hosting, domain names etc are not an issue. The web development and maintaining are the part we don't have the experience in.
    Anyone here aver any experience with designing a dating site before got any advice or ideas as to costs likely to be involved?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

I dont think the web development end of it will be a big problem - My concerns would be the legal side of it. This is something you would need to be 100% sure on - privacy policies etc. in China.

Id be interested in discussing the web development end with you and working with you on it. PM if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Doing business in China = legal nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You've missed what I reckon is going to be your biggest outlay: Marketing. If you don't get that right, you'll only end up chasing the crumbs.

You're late-to-market, going into a well staurated market, with a generic idea, you'll need to be at the top of your game. GL

Advertisement