Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay Plagairism

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Help.

I just checked my plagairism report on safe assign and it says 25% and 0.0 next to possible points. I have no idea how this happened as I though I refrenced everything that needed to be referenced. Am I completely ****ed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

kev9100 wrote: »
    Help.

I just checked my plagairism report on safe assign and it says 25% and 0.0 next to possible points. I have no idea how this happened as I though I refrenced everything that needed to be referenced. Am I completely ****ed?

Don't worry, if you've referenced its grand, literally nothing to worry about. One of mine came up at 35% before but it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It depends on the system, but sometimes quotations or often used phrases are picked up as plagiarism. If you've referenced everything, then you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The 0.0 possible points line is nothing to worry about either. Either the lecturer has not put the grades onto Blackboard yet or else they are one of the many lecturers that never put the grades on Blackboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

kev9100 wrote: »
    Help.

SafeAssign doesn't check whether you referenced things properly - it simply looks for identical text in various sources. If you included a few quotations and referenced them properly then that's not plagiarism. Another student who used the same quotations and didn't reference them would be guilty of plagiarism. Either way, the score returned by SafeAssign would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Cheers guys. I'm grand now but I was absolutely panicking last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement