Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have a DImplex cxl24n storage heater.
    I am just back in the country from the USA, I have no idea the most efficient way to run it.
    I am out most of the day and don't get back until about 9pm.
    If I don't want the heater to run during the day, can I just switch it off at the switch near the heater?

If I am not going to be home for a few days, will it continue storing electricity at night, even though it has not been switched on?
    I have a night saver meter, I turned on the storage heater tonight and it gave off no heat, I also do not see the night storage meter running. The heater will work when I turn on convection, but other than that it is not working.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Ballyharpat,

If an appliance has been turned off completely, the meter that you have installed shouldn't then be able to activate it. To be sure of how to turn off the heater(s), I would recommend consulting the user manual, which I have located for you here.

The following thread may also be helpful, from the Accommodation and Property forum (it's an old thread, but contains advice that should still be applicable to your own heater).

I wasn't quite clear from your post whether you have a dual-tariff meter installed, or two separate meters, one of which controls just the night storage heater(s). If you PM me your account details, we should be able to clear the matter up, and dispatch a technician to fix the meter if needs be.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement