Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mega CD - Stay or Go ?

• 20-10-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Ok. My collection has been been dwindling now for a while. had to sell for money and the fact I had no room.

BUT... we are getting to the nitty gritty now. My Mega CD (orig). I've got two games NHL 94 (which is always a blast) and Final Fight CD (which is OK).

I've got an RGB modded MKII, a working PAL MKI, a working JAP MKI.

I have almost no room left for the Mega CD. Have to say I am not feeling the love for the Mega CD games so far. The Mega CD can play games burnt to CD so I've played a few. What to do ? Let it go and buy more NES games ? Or keep it and maybe 'rarely' use it ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I was asking myself same question up until about 2 weeks ago. I had gotten tired of it but that's not reason enough to sell it. I might in a few months get a crave to play it again, so I think I'm just going to put it into storage as 01s1n on here suggested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I'm sure you'll get a few offers on adverts for it, it would be collectible but not as much fun as NES stuff.
    If you'd rather do a trade or swap, that can be done within the forum here, just no cash transactions, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, I'm sure you'll get a few offers on adverts for it, it would be collectible but not as much fun as NES stuff.
    If you'd rather do a trade or swap, that can be done within the forum here, just no cash transactions, thanks.

hmmmm. NES fun :D

Never had a NES until a year ago BUT I love it. Think I even have a CRT TV sourced for it. The LCD just wasn't cutting it :D

I'll sleep on it. Not much of a trader so adverts or ebay would be my out option.

I still need to offload some stuff so its probably this or the Turbo Grafx but I can't see myself letting that go anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Donate it to Irish the museum of Sega (AKA - my collection) ;)

I think I'm going to start to give my own NES more attention. Have next week off work. Plenty of time to fix that dodgy 72 pin connector.

Speaking of which, I'm fairly sure part of the reason those pins get bent and fatigued is from leaving a cart in the console. I did this for years without really thinking about it. So it's probably worth leaving it empty whenever you're done playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

ill take it off yer hands! and the turbografx! :)

im based in limerick too, got any swaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well id have interest if you put this up on adverts, Wont be trading any of my NES gamesfor it though, but if it was me I would just box it ip nice and safe and put it away into storage

But if you do decide to let it go let me know and we can work somthing out :)

Lol. Hands off the turbo bi***es :)

The mega cd will I think be heading to adverts today... I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hey Brianon,

Sell that lump of black plastic cheap, to me:D

Besides Sonic, any other half decent games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's one of those systems with quite a few decent games, but not a lot of ones that are so good you'd miss them that much.

I really just want one again for Kriss Kross and Marky Mark Make My Video so I can break it out at house parties. Make My Video series > Nintendo Wii in these situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's one of those systems with quite a few decent games, but not a lot of ones that are so good you'd miss them that much.

I really just want one again for Kriss Kross and Marky Mark Make My Video so I can break it out at house parties. Make My Video series > Nintendo Wii in these situations.

The daddy mac will make ya...

• Advertisement

Right. Its done. eh... can I say that ? I won't link to it anyway. Neo Geo color for sale on ebay at the moment also.

SOOOOOO, that leaves... NES (US and PAL), SNES (PAL), Super Famicom (JAP), Mega Drive (PAL RGB S-Video Modded), Mega Drive (JAP), Turbo Grafx. Think thats the lot bar an Gameboy. Well the retro stuff anyway. None of that will be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

brianon wrote: »
    Right. Its done. eh... can I say that ? I won't link to it anyway.

I don't think there's an issue with adverts links...is there? Maybe Cider/LoGiE can clarify that one. Jack Burton was made famous overnight here from adverts antics & links :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I still dont see anything wrong with it

And i havnt gotten any bans or anything for doing that yet :D

Mega Cd looks nice though, I would make you an offer but shipping to waterford would be a bit of a killer

Master of the Universe

There has never been an issue linking adverts threads. All you can't do is sell items on the forum. You can still link things.

o1s1n wrote: »
    There has never been an issue linking adverts threads. All you can't do is sell items on the forum. You can still link things.

Thanks o1s1n... here yis go so :)
    http://www.adverts.ie/313978/other-consoles-and-games/sega-mega-cd-1-w-nhl-94-cd/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought that Kriss Kross album back in the day, used it on an old piece of tech called "a cd player".
    Oh yes!
    Good times, Snap, House of Pain, Public Enemy, Prodigy, Atern-8, Bjork, 1992 was good times for the Ciderman, oh yes!
    A mere whipper snapper of 20, I was the only rap/hip hop fan in Sligo, the rest of the county got as far as this rubbish and went no further!

Master of the Universe

Ah hear, I won't have you say a bad word about 2 Unlimited! geniuses way ahead of their time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A mere whipper snapper of 20, I was the only rap/hip hop fan contemporary music fan in Sligo, the rest of the county got as far as this rubbish and went no further!

FYP.

(I know its techinically the late 90s, but that song pretty much sums up what I think of Sligo and the ''joke'' county of Leitrim which doesn't even actually exist)

Advertisement