Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Gig: Rise Of the Six string

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this gets my props for having Awake by Godsmack and Layla :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Gig:_Rise_of_the_SixString

A pretty decent set list and further puts the GH to shame for lack of inovation.

Rock band this is not, It looks like GH if they had done pro guitar

The troubling thing is I have heard nothing about this game and the fact it looks like GH doesnt help :(

Videos here. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=power+gig&search_type=&aq=f

This came out in the US today ? Checking US amazon they have all the kit including official replacement strings and even an amp lol, does not exist according to amazon UK hmmmmmm ;)

Edit: Oh ffs reading about the drums as me doubled over laughing , yeah this is really going to sell a week before RB 3 comes out :D
    I'm insulting GH mentioning them in the same sentence , this is Rock Revolution 2 lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Yeah, it does look fairly bad alright. The drums would be all I'm interested in and they look like an absolute joke. It looks like Harmonix just can't be beaten on the music game front and won't be unless a developer comes up with something really revolutionary in the next 2 or 3 years.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I remember seeing the preview for this on destructoid. The tracks look like a complete mess. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on.

IGN review - http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1131136p1.html

Such a hard decision to choose between this and RB 3 :P

No surprises there, looked pretty awful from the start tbh :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Am I the only constantly amused by how wrong all non Harmonix developers just consistently fail to deliver when it comes to band games? Harmonix pretty much perfected the UI with GH1 etc... so all these games that follow are just pitiful. Plenty of other good music games out there (and I understand DJ Hero 2 is pretty cool) but I doubt any game will come close to Harmonix's output anytime soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

So when will we change the forum name to Guitar Hero & Rock Band & Rise of the Six String?

I'll get on to the admins straight away! May as well drop GH&RB altogether

Advertisement