Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rented house - Dump cheap beds or get them stored until exit?

• 20-10-2010 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Trying to figure what the best thing is to do.

We rent a place and there are new (cheap and nasty) bargain town type beds.

We need the space.

How much do really cheap beds cost? (singles and doubles) (as we will have to replace them on exit)

We either store them for a fee until we exit, or a mate can remove them for free.

What to do? (the agents / land lord refuses to store them so its our problem)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 magna12

Dump them and leave the replacements when you leave maybe?

Otherwise find a new house. In this day and age, I'm sure there's plenty available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Claim there were bedbugs in the beds and burn the whole apartment down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Take bed assunder and store under another bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Claim there were bedbugs in the beds and burn the whole apartment down.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Try and give them away on adverts.ie or jumbletown etc, then when you know your going to be moving have a look yourself for replacement beds on either website, there's usually beds going on these type of websites so you should be able to pick cheapo ones up easy enough.

If you're paying somebody to take them away, just make sure they have a waste permit too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Trade them to a crackwhore for a handjob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Say it to the landlord, maybe he/she has somewhere to store them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

If the agent/landlord refuses to take them out of the house then inform them you will remove them and will not be held responsible for replacing them. If they still refuse to remove them then I don't think you can be held responsible for replacing them.

I'm sick of landlords who think they can furnish a house/flat with crap furniture from the 60s and charge you a bundle for renting a "fully furnished" property. Landlords are responsible for making sure their tenants are happy with the property. Too many Irish landlords think all that rent money is pure profit. That's why you rarely see affordable properties with furniture bought in the last 10-20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

You can't even give them away nowadays. Charities won't take them for health and safety reasons.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

policarp wrote: »
    You can't even give them away nowadays. Charities won't take them for health and safety reasons.

Bonfire night is coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Bonfire night is coming up.

Exactly OP, Why dont you and your OH go 'trick or treating' dressed as beds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

And don't forget your pillowcases!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Fortunately I was not about to swallow a mouthful of cola.
    Lucky escape...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

If the agent/landlord refuses to take them out of the house then inform them you will remove them and will not be held responsible for replacing them. If they still refuse to remove them then I don't think you can be held responsible for replacing them.
    I'm sick of landlords who think they can furnish a house/flat with crap furniture from the 60s and charge you a bundle for renting a "fully furnished" property. Landlords are responsible for making sure their tenants are happy with the property. Too many Irish landlords think all that rent money is pure profit. That's why you rarely see affordable properties with furniture bought in the last 10-20 years.

I dont think we can force them to remove any furniture, can we?

You would want to see the crap in this place. Everything that would fit in the attic is up there. Furniture falling apart. The sofa gives me back ache and they refuse to store it else where. The beds are brand new and Id say they were 150 euros each max. Are unsuitable for humans as they are dirt cheap. We loaded all the beds into one room on day one and assembled our own.

We like the area/place though. Agent says no to their storing a thing.
    I think they make more $ by buying sh1t for the place and charging the land lord a few hundred on top of that.

I think we will get rid of them. The OH say we will move the beds from the next place in here!

Advertisement