Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tv's are confusing...

• 20-10-2010 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

First off, apologies if there have been loads of these threads. I went back through a few pages and couldn't find much that matched what I am after

I'm looking at getting a new tv. My old school sony "heavier than a house" crt is starting to die so it's time to upgrade. The main requirements are that it will be capable of receiving DTT(saorview), that it will work with a ps3 and doesn't break the bank. I've set myself a miserly €400 budget, but I think it's achievable. I know the more I spend the better I get but once I get something that is reasonably good and will last 3-5 years I'm happy. I'm looking at 32" max but a little smaller wouldn't bother me once the picture/sound is decent.

After looking around a bit, I am completely confused.

HD ready vs full HD

LCD vs LED vs Plasma

inbuilt digital tuners(apparently ones that work with freeview in the UK won't work over here which seems a bit idiotic but that's no surprise)

This one appears o fit the bill but as I said above, I'm confused now and could use some techy advice...

http://www.did.ie/Product/HANNSPREE-...BB/18194/381.2

Advertisement