Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from templeogue to Tallaght

Options
  • 20-10-2010 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

Hi,im looking at living in Temoleogue as i am working in Tallaght,What bus goes from Templeogue to tallaght and does it take long in morning or evening?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Depends where in Templeogue but the 65, 65b, 49 routes all service the village to the square / main street. Journey of about 25 - 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

65 and 65b would be quickest. Journey time would only be about 10 minutes. 49 goes a bit all over the place.

Might or might not be helpful but a bike might be your best option. I do the trip sometimes and it takes around the same time, if not less. Cycle lanes connecting both ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

As said above it depends which part your looking to live in! The 54A is good for the surrounding areas of Orwell, Willington, etc usually every 20-25 minutes going up via The Square and then on to Kiltipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

It depends on where exactly you are going from in Templeogue and going to in Tallaght,

Can you be a bit more specific?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

ya the number 65 would be the right bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭fire_man

i havent got a house yet in templeogue but hope to get a place soon which would be close to a bus stop.I would be travelling near the belgard luas stop in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

fire_man wrote: »
    i havent got a house yet in templeogue but hope to get a place soon which would be close to a bus stop.I would be travelling near the belgard luas stop in tallaght.

Well that trip will involve a walk!

The 65 and 65b are the most direct buses from Templeogue Village to Tallaght. Several early morning services on the 65b (0650, 0720 and 0745) operate via Airton Road and the second stop on Airton Road is the closest stop to Belgard LUAS stop. The 65/65b takes about 25 minutes to get to Templeogue in the morning and another 20 to get to Tallaght.

Otherwise you should get off at the stop at the Belgard Road just after Tallaght Village.

The 54a operates along Wellington Lane and the N81 and will bring you to the same stop at the Belgard Road.

There are two route 49a journeys in the morning (0655 and 0725) that do actually operate to Belgard LUAS stop. Again they will take 20/25 minutes to get to Templeogue, but take a major detour around Firhouse and Ballycullen before getting to Tallaght, taking 30 minutes or so.

Finally route 75 operates along the Firhouse Road direct to Tallaght Village.

Advertisement