Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorists!

• 20-10-2010 8:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Turn on your fúcking lights....

/accident

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

...and honk if you're horny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't drive while surfing the net.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

some have no lights upstairs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Also

If you Drive a Hyundai Xcel/Accent

Turn your Fog Lights OFF

Seriously, if you were driving in front of me this afternon, You are A F*ckwit, I already gathered this from your purchase of a Hyundai, you dont need to highlight this problem by demonstrating your complete lack of understanding as to what Fog lights are for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Also

If you Drive a Hyundai Xcel/Accent

Turn your Fog Lights OFF

Seriously, if you were driving in front of me this afternon, You are A F*ckwit, I already gathered this from your purchase of a Hyundai, you dont need to highlight this problem by demonstrating your complete lack of understanding as to what Fog lights are for

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

old_aussie wrote: »
    Why?

Did you see heavy fog this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Laboratory-based studies have shown that the greater the brightness contrast between an object and its background, the greater the probability of the object being detected. The lower the ambient illumination, the greater the contrast ratio required between object and background.

Seems to have worked for the driver in front of mafatma coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I didn't see you already had a thread in Motors Tallon.
    Now you have two ;)

biko wrote: »
    I didn't see you already had a thread in Motors Tallon.
    Now you have two ;)

Yeah, AH for the masses, Motors for the.... motorists :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

They are my lights and i will turn them on when i want right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tallon wrote: »
    Yeah, AH for the masses, Motors for the.... motorists :)
    I like the different styles.
    Anyhoo, I've asked for this to be moved back again as it could be good for the masses too. At least for a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Laboratory-based studies have shown that the greater the brightness contrast between an object and its background, the greater the probability of the object being detected. The lower the ambient illumination, the greater the contrast ratio required between object and background.

:rolleyes:

go and read the rules of the road and hope you don't get stopped and fined in the meantime

posted on the basis that this'll be back in AH

also if thats the case why didn't you put a neon yellow car so you be safe and noticed then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

OK, Am I the only person who gets Really Really Fukkin Pissed off when I get Temporarily Blinded cos Some Fukwit thinks having an extra light on the back looks 'pretty'

Fog and Blizzzard are the reasons you turn on the Fog/Blizard light

I live in Brisbane, there have been 2 Foggy mornings in the 8 Years I have lived here, the day we get a Blizzard is the Day the rest of ye should really start to panic

So do you want to answer my previous question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Well, that would work if there was only 2 cars on the entire irish road network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

it could of been worse it could have been one of those idiots who drive with those high intensity lights! :eek:

it might make it easier for you to see, :mad: but you are blinding EVERY motorist coming against you! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

/accident

And turn off your fúcking rear foglights...it's cold..not foggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

OK, Am I the only person who gets Really Really Fukkin Pissed off when I get Temporarily Blinded cos Some Fukwit thinks having an extra light on the back looks 'pretty'

I live in Brisbane, there have been 2 Foggy mornings in the 8 Years I have lived here, the day we get a Blizzard is the Day the rest of ye should really start to panic

I believe it is purley down to people wanting to have every non-warning light on in their dash board lit up to show off to them selves what their car contains.

for the rest of us it a whore of a blinding in the corner of your eye and dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

/accident

I used to think there were awful drivers in Ireland ('m a motorist myself) but it was actually massively reassuring to go to Manhattan and see some real ****ing lunatics driving. I felt reassured that only one person was trying to cut me off at a time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I just have to say this. Indicate on roundabouts people for fcuk sake, it's not that hard to do:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Stop at pedestrian crossing as well, do not speed up just because they have flashing orange lights just like traffic lights.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll usually turn on my lights, I don't see the point though I can see cars without lights and always assume those that can't see a car when it gets slightly dark or foggy shouldn't be allowed near a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rolling stops are great - if you're trying to get me to accidentally kill you. impatient bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Oh and to the mobile phone twats who think they can suddenly pull over without indicating when their phone rings, f*ck you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

So do you want to answer my previous question?

You know I don't think he does. Maybe it's because you sound like pissed off school teacher :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

nevermind fog lights (I understand that that concept is a little tricky to grasp, let's not overburden drivers here), why is it always silver cars who don't turn on ANY lights in fog or mist? The amount of unlit cars in poor visibility is unreal (and they don't cop on when ya flash them - should I get a boob job?)) - don't they realise that they're hard to see??? Do these people care?

And those w*nk bags who think it's smart to overtake on narrow bendy country roads in fog, wet or icy conditions even though I am already at or even above the speed limit - what's the urgency? If ya need to speed, maybe you should leave 2 minutes earlier to get wherever you have to be on time...?

This could be the start of a long rant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I just have to say this. Indicate on roundabouts people for fcuk sake, it's not that hard to do:mad:

It's not hard to do, but for these kinda people, it's hard for them to indicate at all. Pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

Also if you are driving in the overtaking lane please get the fook out of my way or I will RUN you off the fooking M-fiddy

twats doing 15kph in the overtaking lanes fffffssss

I have actually switched the lanes over and now use the slow lane as the overtaking lane since no one fooking uses it. Might as well rent that lane out to some corporations to get some monies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Is Brisbane really that dull a place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw a little old dear earlier and she was turning on/off the headlights instead of the indicators at each turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Stop at pedestrian crossing as well, do not speed up just because they have flashing orange lights just like traffic lights.:mad:

One is meant to stop before a pedestrian crossing. :)

Advertisement