Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Meat Boy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Probably too lazy to port it to suit the cell. Pretty stupid stance imo.
    I'd say it's more to do with the fact that MS probably published the game on XBLA with the guarantee that it would either be exclusive or at least timed to the platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

this is pure unbridled gaming in every sense of the term

amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just finished the Light World. My fingers are sore, but I still want more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Then play the Dark World (your fingers will fall off) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Has anyone hit the save bug yet? I'm quite nervous about continuing in case I lose all my progress? :o

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Tried the demo, reminds me of N+.

Will probably buy it. 350+ levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mr E wrote: »
    Then play the Dark World (your fingers will fall off) :)
    I think I'm about 35% through the Dark World stuff, I say it'll be tough :) I somehow managed to get 106% completion on World 1 :D

Well worth the 800 MSP. It reminds me of both N+ and Trials HD in it's unforgiving, but really fun "I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna ma...*splat*" moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tried the demo yesterday and got put off by what seemed at the time like a bastard of a level, but thankfully took the plunge and decided to give the full game a chance.

Only a few levels in but absolutely loving it so far!
    Dark worlds are bat**** crazy!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

That Final boss and the level before it will feck you right up.

And has anyone tried The Kid levels yet... rock solid, hardest levels in the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC version is getting a Level editor! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

couldn't wait for PC version, bought it this morning just finished it about 4 hours ago, back ta I wanna be the guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Absolutely loving this, tough as nails but as has been said the sense of achievement when you finally beat a level your stuck on is immense. Saw this on the Super Meat Boy website, apparently there will never be a PS3 version.

http://supermeatboy.com/

Why wont this question die? We have answered it publicly at least 15 times but it just never ends.

We Cant EVER do a ps3 version of super meat boy because when we were going into negotiations with publishers Sony was the only one who didn't express much interest in the game. We assumed this ment that they didn't want the game and decided to sign with Nintendo and Microsoft. Our contracts excluded any release on Ps3.

We would have loved to do a ps3 version, but its not at all possible what so ever now. so please stop asking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The ****ing Kid. Jesus. I hadn't gotten stuck right up until this guy appeared in the last chapter of the light world. Talk about infuriating. I just don't want to do it.

Phew finally finished the main game (light world). The last 2 levels I must have died 300 times. Was about 2 hours on them. I've sprained my wrist I think.

Still, got my meat boy avatar pet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

God, I love this game. The mechanics and controls are spot on, the visuals are beautiful, the sense of humour is divine, and the music is some of the best I've heard in years. I don't buy soundtracks at all frequently, but SMB was really worth it.

Best of all, though, is that it's so. Bastarding. Hard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bump! PC version got some updates this week

- Super Meat World, a new world unlocked with 20 bandages. It's basically a portal where players can download user-made and dev-made levels and chapters. Full of awesome.
    - There's a public beta for the level editor now
    - MAC version is out soon too
    - PC version is getting a retail release soonish

To top that off, SMB is half price on Steam now, so BUY IT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah I would find it hard on keyboard... I bet consoles wont get the love?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Ah I would find it hard on keyboard... I bet consoles wont get the love?

Actually 360 is getting the Super Meat World update.
    Could buy a 360 wired controller, it works so well on PC these days, it's fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Also if you have a PS3 controller you can connect that to your PC using some ancient magical jiggery-pokery. I don't have a link for the drivers on me right now but I'll look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Love this game. I've managed to unlock the kid which I'm very proud of.

I'm most of the way through the Cotton Alley and still have most of the dark world levels to do. There's so much in this game, it's fantastic value.

• Advertisement

I've done nearly 200 levels. Think I'll leave it though, they're getting so hard now it's ridic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

This game is pure evil. I barely made it to stage 4 last week. Only the promise of potatoes kept me going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rage inducing game of epic proportions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WARP ZONE!! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I've gotten A+ rating in over 260 levels, but I think I've very nearly reached the limit of levels I'll be able to beat. I'm trying to A+ the dark world of Chapter 5 The Rapture, but those damn repulsion orbs are so difficult to work with, they really drive me crazy. My last major achievement was getting A+ on all cotton alley light world levels.

I've also unlocked The Kid, and Viridian with 90 bandages, and beaten 4 of the -1 levels.

It really is a great game, so very challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I would just like to say SMB is one of the best games ever, and Retr0gamer hasn't played it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bump!

Picked this up last night.

Tis awesome.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im just so full of Game I dont have time for something this big. I bet you can spend weeks on meatboy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I just played it about 10 hours a day until I completed it like N+, 2 best games of this generation, anyone who says otherwise is drunk.
    Overheal do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mayordenis wrote: »
    I just played it about 10 hours a day until I completed it like N+, 2 best games of this generation, anyone who says otherwise is drunk.
    Overheal do it.

for how many days though? I've put about 4-5 hours in and i'm up to level 4. Trying to get an idea of what i have left. I really can't see myself having the patience to 100% it...

Advertisement