Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to go to UNI. GRADUATION day?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I cant make it to grauation day. Is this alright and will it get sent in the post ? Do I need to contact the college?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

No. You might have got a job overseas or something, and not be able to go. I am not going to my Master's graduation at Trinity. But you have to have an excuse and write to the Provost's office or whichever office is organising it at your college in order to get it sent in the post or for you to pick it up persomally at the office. if you just dont turn up, you will not graduate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

At my college(s) everyone received a letter prior to graduation asking them to either confirm their attendance at the ceremony or confirm they'd rather received the parchment by post and pass on the ceremony. We had fees for ours and it was considerably cheaper to just get it by post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I just didn't turn up to mine, never said anything about it either way. And didn't need to give an excuse - I was around college at the time, even wandered down to say 'hi' to a few of the old classmates, but saw no point whatsoever in the ceremony. The parchment was posted out. People make a bigger deal out of it than it is, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Ficheall is right, for NUIG you can simply not show up and they'll post it to your address (so make sure they have a valid one!). See the final question of the FAQ:

http://www.nuigalway.ie/academic_records/conferring/faq.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

In NCI we were given the option to go.. or not. They assume if you don't RSVP to the ceremony you're not going and will be granted your degree in absentia.

It depends on your specific universities policies, best to check tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

In Maynooth you get a letter in the post all about your graduation and their is a form that you can fill out to say that you are not going if you dont fill this out they take it as you are going. They do a roll call on the day so if you arent there at the time they know which degree to take out. On my graduation there was some lad who didnt show but when we all where making our way over to the venue he turns up without the gown or anything, 10 minutes later he makes his appearance in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pattly

I contacted them just in case and got it sent out to me no probs .

Advertisement