Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2011 - Online gaming?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

How are people finding it so far?
    I played my first 2 games last night, just on quick match mode. Laggy as f*ck tho :mad: . Very frustrating to play. Leaves you in a bad mood!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Yup, its a joke. How they cant get proper online play is beyond me.

I've played say 10 games, 2 the lag ruined it completely for me, the rest were better. There isn't the random laggy moments, more so the whole game seems slower, everything takes that bit longer. Really notice it when you return to playing on your own system.

But konami should be shot for this, really is a major let down, again

Really wish I liked fifa, be so much handier

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

And the game itself lads? I dont like it at all i *think*. I had about 4 games and just couldnt get into it. This tricks on the analog does my head in and the passing seems to be way off, i know you have to really pick a pass etc but i cant get the hang of it at all.
    Again fifa aint an option :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

flugel wrote: »

Really wish I liked fifa, be so much handier

Exact same thoughts here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I can't even get online to work on my PC

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

saltie wrote: »
    And the game itself lads? I dont like it at all i *think*. I had about 4 games and just couldnt get into it. This tricks on the analog does my head in and the passing seems to be way off, i know you have to really pick a pass etc but i cant get the hang of it at all.
    Again fifa aint an option :(

Its a lot better than last years and thats good enough for me! Its still a long way from perfect but we're finally back on the good old PES track imo. I really like the new passing. Its very intuitive and its very rewarding when you get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Pes 2011 definately has a learning curve to it.

Played two games online last night, one played flawlessly, the other not so great but was playable. Enjoyed both games.

To those who aint suer about it, ya just gotta stick with it. There are still annoying glitches but overall it is an improvement. Ya can really get some slick slick passing moves going.

One online improvement is your option file jerseys appears online, this is a great plus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If anyone likes to play online and doesn't take it too seriously add me on PSN.

PSN ID - The40Watt

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

My online is not working, it keeps saying something about a network error or something. Does anybody have any ideas to fix it? I have eircom broadbroad band which works fine.

Cheers.

Lloyderz wrote: »
    My online is not working, it keeps saying something about a network error or something. Does anybody have any ideas to fix it? I have eircom broadbroad band which works fine.

Cheers.

Have you downloaded all the DLC? If your not running version 1.01 you won't be able to connect online.

Ye downloaded everything. Still won't work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

are you on nat type 1? game plays perfect for me 90% of the time online, starting to get better at it now, they more you play this game the better you will become, have pretty much mastered the passing now and getting to grips with the shooting. Its a great game, loving Champions League mode aswell. get over to the pesgaming forum for an option file with all the kits etc, i have the WENB file,its quality.

Haven't a clue what nat I am? How do you change it? Is it through the ps3 or eircom router? I have one of those netopia ones I think.

Lloyderz wrote: »
    Haven't a clue what nat I am? How do you change it? Is it through the ps3 or eircom router? I have one of those netopia ones I think.

You might find the info you need

here

or

here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I played 1 game and there was no lag. The master league is good, the odd decent player comes to my team. in the last PES no one would sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

tried playing ranked game again over the weekend and it cant find anyone..??

then i try the friendly and it goes what looks to be a 4v4 screen? ffs - why cant playing online just be straight forward???

had a ****e experience online with FIFA last year also..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I've played a bollock load of games online and only experienced lag twice. Though I have to be in the right mood to play online, due to idiots who can't actually play a decent game of football, it can be a real struggle. Playing master league online, and I got dropped to the 5th division, where it seems there are normal people willing to play a decent game. I'm gonna try and stay there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    I've played a bollock load of games online and only experienced lag twice. Though I have to be in the right mood to play online, due to idiots who can't actually play a decent game of football, it can be a real struggle. Playing master league online, and I got dropped to the 5th division, where it seems there are normal people willing to play a decent game. I'm gonna try and stay there!

Whats the online master league like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Whats the online master league like?

Like any online game, it's full of cheaters, and players who exploit stupid "bugs" to win games, but I've found they're in the higher divisions, which is why I'm sticking in division 5. I've taken a break from it, and just play offline for now, as I want an actual game of football. That said, it's incredibly rewarding to whup some idiot with an all star team, with my ****ty team, because he's cheated his way to getting the money to but the players.

Competitions are the best way to make money quickly, as you'll get money win, lose or draw. I still haven't won a competition or even qualified. It's good, but I'm still enjoying offline more right now. I need to be in a particular mood to put up with playing idiots for a few hours. Thankfully, I haven't had any quitters yet.

The stuff you need to watch out for is long, full power throughballs down the wing constantly. Or constant overheard flicks - though the recent patch have made these more difficult to pull off, and of course the ludicrous formations. Or constant longballs, and quitters. I'd say 7 out of 10 games are cheats with superb teams, who don't actually know how football is played, and can therefore be beaten or at least held to a draw easily enough.

In saying that, my online record is ****e! :)

Advertisement