Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub to watch match in Ennis

• 20-10-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I will be mooching around Clare over the bank holiday weekend, Lahinch, Ennistymon and Kiflenora. I am staying in Ennis and was wondering could anyone tell me where I would catch the Leinster v Connacht match? Any pub with a decent TV and decent Guinness will do.

Thanks a million in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say there'd be a few places to watch the game, if I was to make a suggesion I would suggest Lucas's, Faffa's or the Diamond, most are good rugby spots with nice Guinness. If you want to use Domino's as your point of reference (http://www.dominos.co.uk/ourstores/Ennis.aspx), Lucas's is just beside it, Faffa's (Considines) is up the street towards the main Square (big monument :)), The Diamond is down past Supermac's on the right towards the Cathedral (tall spire)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Great stuff, thanks Clareman! Ever need tips in Dublin just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Knoxs has screens all over the place and would be considered a good place to watch the game in a good atmoshere. enjoy your stay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Knoxs has screens all over the place and would be considered a good place to watch the game in a good atmoshere. enjoy your stay.
    He said good Guinness :D

Cheers John, I lived in Dublin for 4 years so I definetly need some help there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Clareman wrote: »
    He said good Guinness :D

Cheers John, I lived in Dublin for 4 years so I definetly need some help there :D
    :D point taken....... i guess o keffees would def qualify then. if i knew john and was bringing him to town to drink guinness,then o keffees would be the spot.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Clare peeps.
    Clareman wrote: »
    Cheers John, I lived in Dublin for 4 years

Four years? Sure you barely tickled the belly there, you prob went home every weekend! ;)

I will try and make O'Keefe's lads, looking forward to my third stay in Clare this year! :D

If you want to have 1 of the best pints you'll ever have you have to get yourself up to John O'Dea's, it's up by the cathedral, back of a shop, there's no TV there though. The Railway bar just down from there (Fawl's) has a nice pint as well, further down the Diamond has a nice pint as well. O'Keefe's is a bit further out, it's a lovely pint as well though, I've never been there for a match.

And, no I didn't go home every weekend, couldn't afford to :D

I just realised that there will be an overlap between the rugby and the international rules game, I wouldn't imagine that there'll be many people going to the pub to watch the international rules, but you'd want to make sure to ask the bar before the rugby to make sure they won't turn it off with 10 minutes to go.

And if you think that would be bad, last March when Leinster were playing Connacht I was at a wedding in Galway and watching the rugby in the bar before the meal, they turned it off with 20 minutes to go to watch Man United Bolton warming up.

JAYSUS, good (Clare)man Clareman! I will have to enquire... the Clare/Ozzy peeps I am visiting are actually going to the game in Limerick. Thanks for the heads up.

Just a quick thanks. Amazing weekend in Clare, sweet waves in Lehinch (and other spots), craic in Kilfenora, cave in Doolin, and fun in Ennis.

• Advertisement

Where did you watch the match?

We were on our way to O'Keefe's and the match had started, we spotted a TV with the match on in a pub called the Brewery so we went in intending to hit O'Keefe's at half time, but, with excellent seats, good barstaff, nice Guinness, fellow Leinster fans... we stayed put.

I don't think I've ever had a pint of Guinness in the Brewery, I had a pint of larger there once.............

We went to a good few pubs. All good! Your cave in Doolin rocks.

Advertisement