Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoldering bushes at Monasterevin exit on M7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It is illegal to stop on a motorway unless your car has broken down. It is very, very dangerous, no matter what has piqued your curiousity.

I could hear the traffic scream past you at 120 km/hour.:eek:

The burning bush does look odd alright. But the land on which it's in looks like a little bog to me and perhaps it's a smouldering turf fire of some sort?

Agreed JK. But sadly, some of the drivers are really brainless when it comes to driving on M-Ways here. This morning, I went to the airport & the number of drivers driving in either the middle or outside lane was crazy.

But then I wonder just where we are going. This past week, I was in Dublin up near a hospital and saw the clampers clamping a 4x4 because it's parking ticket had expired. Fair enough I thought. They then checked a car 2 parking bays behind, and walked away. BUT this car behind the 4x4 was actually parked too far forward and had its nose in the bay between it & the 4x4. But the clampers walked away. For me, the car deserved to be clamped more than the 4x4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Agreed JK. But sadly, some of the drivers are really brainless when it comes to driving on M-Ways here. This morning, I went to the airport & the number of drivers driving in either the middle or outside lane was crazy.

But then I wonder just where we are going. This past week, I was in Dublin up near a hospital and saw the clampers clamping a 4x4 because it's parking ticket had expired. Fair enough I thought. They then checked a car 2 parking bays behind, and walked away. BUT this car behind the 4x4 was actually parked too far forward and had its nose in the bay between it & the 4x4. But the clampers walked away. For me, the car deserved to be clamped more than the 4x4.

What the hell is up with you people and your desire for a nanny state? This is Ireland ffs, we make rules just to be like the Brits but we're not supposed to obey or enforce them :pac:

I've never saw you post on this local forum before, do ye just do a search for "stopped on motorway", etc. and then come on and spout your little anecdotes that have nothing to do with this area or topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Yeah, seriously people. Pull the stick out. You'll feel a whole lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

ILA wrote: »
    What the hell is up with you people and your desire for a nanny state? This is Ireland ffs, we make rules just to be like the Brits but we're not supposed to obey or enforce them :pac:

I've never saw you post on this local forum before, do ye just do a search for "stopped on motorway", etc. and then come on and spout your little anecdotes that have nothing to do with this area or topic?

You are right, it's my first post on the Laois Forum. FYI, I opened www.boards.ie and for the midlands there was this thread. I didn't know one has to be from Laois to make a comment here. All I am saying is that people must respect the laws of the road, as I mentioned earlier.

I guess from now on only people from Tipperary can make a comment on a certain pub in Birdhill??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I guess from now on only people from Tipperary can make a comment on a certain pub in Birdhill??

What the fúck, has anything got to do with Birdhill? What the fúck are you talking about?

• Advertisement

You are right, it's my first post on the Laois Forum. FYI, I opened www.boards.ie and for the midlands there was this thread. I didn't know one has to be from Laois to make a comment here. All I am saying is that people must respect the laws of the road, as I mentioned earlier.

This is the Laois forum, not Motoring. For the Motoring forum (which relates to cars, roads, and your favourite road safety), click here. Just look at the derailment you've caused on this thread!

What the hell has Tipperary or a pub in Birdhill got to do with Laois or a burning bush near Monsterevin?! Keep digging , keep digging!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just heard a car skidded off the motorway on the Southbound carriageway just after the exit for Monsterevin this evening. Ambulance and three units of the Fire Brigade were at the scene, hope they didn't put out the fire.

Could it be related? :eek:
    They were swerving to avoid hitting adser parked up in outside lane,worshipping the bush.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

They were swerving to avoid hitting adser parked up in outside lane,worshipping the bush.:D

I'll be holding a service there at 12pm today, parking us free but I expect their to be some protests from the safety brigade ;)

As for all the Gay Byrnes that have never posted in this section before but felt the need to come on and spout about road safety, I recommend you get off your high horse of unrelatedness and give yourselves over to the way of the burning bush.Maybe the stick that's up your hole might smolder away and give you a new outlook on things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    Ok lads enough with the bickering or ill close the thread,this is the first and only warning
    Sorry but some people just get me :rolleyes:

Oh and What about them off-topic posts? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Sorry but some people just get me :rolleyes:

Oh and What about them off-topic posts? :P
    ILA: Please don't discuss moderating on-thread, if some people "just get you :rolleyes:" then please use the report post feature. Likewise if you have complaints or concerns regarding off-topic posts.

Though how exactly you quantify an off-topic post with regards to a thread like this is something I'd love for you to explain to me, through PMs of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

StAying on topic, I passed the hallowed burning bushes yesterday, it was raining and lovely plumes of smoke were rising up from the bushes!
    Should we call:
    1 the fire brigade
    2 An RTE reporter
    3 a Priest
    4 go out there and deal with what ever comes at us?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Bodhan wrote: »
    StAying on topic, I passed the hallowed burning bushes yesterday, it was raining and lovely plumes of smoke were rising up from the bushes!
    Should we call:
    1 the fire brigade
    2 An RTE reporter
    3 a Priest
    4 go out there and deal with what ever comes at us?
    i would say no 3 and no 4 and maybe it would no harm in letting joe duffy know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

speaking of off topic, I have seen, said burning bush in Monasterevin, Co Kildare.

I favour the Joe Duffy option. You'd be bound to get to the bottom of it on his show and get attention. I think we should have a poll of who is in favour of contacting the show, since it's Adser's find I think he should have an input and be the caller.

Ah lads between this and the holy stones on the mountmellick off ramp I havnt got a minute to be ringing Joe "the ignorant $hite" Duffy! Someone has to pass the collection baskets around :)
    I reckon we head up there on Sunday night (it is halloween afterall) with a few cans of petrol and a few tins and have us a good old fashioned bonfire and put the flames to rest.
    Failing that, I'm with Bodhan on options 3 and 4.
    She's still burnin strong though!
    May I propose we call it "Saint Adser's Fire" from now on? Or else Adser's Smoky Bush Bonanza? Ye have to drag in the tourists with a catchy name

adser53 wrote: »
    Ah lads between this and the holy stones on the mountmellick off ramp I havnt got a minute to be ringing Joe "the ignorant $hite" Duffy! Someone has to pass the collection baskets around :)
    I reckon we head up there on Sunday night (it is halloween afterall) with a few cans of petrol and a few tins and have us a good old fashioned bonfire and put the flames to rest.
    Failing that, I'm with Bodhan on options 3 and 4.
    She's still burnin strong though!
    May I propose we call it "Saint Adser's Fire" from now on? Or else Adser's Smoky Bush Bonanza? Ye have to drag in the tourists with a catchy name
    nacker drinking at saint Adsers fire on sunday night, nice one.now what do ye think would be a fair cover charge?

well considering parking is free along the hard shoulder (oooooh, snap!) I don't think a fiver a head would ne too much :p
    can you supply some beats harr?you don't mind being the DJ do ya? you'll have to throw in a few hymn remixes in there so suit some of my more senior "church of the bush" members though :D a bit of Ave Maria sexed up by David Guetta and Akon should suffice

adser53 wrote: »
    well considering parking is free along the hard shoulder (oooooh, snap!) I don't think a fiver a head would ne too much :p
    can you supply some beats harr?you don't mind being the DJ do ya? you'll have to throw in a few hymn remixes in there so suit some of my more senior "church of the bush" members though :D a bit of Ave Maria sexed up by David Guetta and Akon should suffice
    right so,i will mix up sounds later and i will head down and set up the stage this eveing we are also going to need some porta loos and i was thinking of geting some t-shirts printed up with some photos of the bush on them i would say they would sell well.will someone give that crowd from nationwide a ring they love this sort of thing and while you are at it you could ring that other lad of the telly as well paddy o gorman:D.we could make a nice few quid if we play this right...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

can we sacrafice a sheep

• Advertisement

Jaysus harr you're onto a winner there! Electric picnic me hole, St Adser's Fire for the win!
    I dunno if sacrificing sheep would go down well Spurs, sheep are sacred to a few folks down here BUT if you can convince Cowen to pop in, we'll throw him on the fire. That'd make it the best party in history! The brits burn Guy Fawkes, we could start a tradition of burning effigies of Cowen, Lenihan, Bertie, Harney etc. What dya reckon :p

If its still burning after today, it definitely a wonder of the world, it hasn't stopped piss..g rain all day.

ROS123 wrote: »
    If its still burning after today, it definitely a wonder of the world, it hasn't stopped piss..g rain all day.
    if anybody is down that way today will you see if our bush is still burning we might might have to put our party( prayer meeting) on hold for a few weeks :mad:

Well at 3:30pm today on my way home it was still smoking!

I'm nipping out to buy a bible now :eek:

still smouldering, even after all that rain....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Drove past it this afternoon and twas still smoking.......I'm a believer now!!

hallelulajh!!!

I drove by the STILL BURNING bush today.....I think there's something afoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

still smoking 2day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

I saw them burning today too...maybe there's something under the ground...something....hot

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

End of days lads. Smoke your smokes quick, it's all about to kick off.

Advertisement