Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoldering bushes at Monasterevin exit on M7

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

still burning today.

Anyone turn up for the festivities last night? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

adser53 wrote: »
    still burning today.

Anyone turn up for the festivities last night? :p

no,i think the holy bushes are well left alone there is something not quiet right about them,maybe somebody lives under the bush and the smoke we see is from there chimney :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

harr wrote: »
    no,i think the holy bushes are well left alone there is something not quiet right about them,maybe somebody lives under the bush and the smoke we see is from there chimney :rolleyes:

Hobbits

Or else it's this....

cowen_herald_665152t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

If you walked up to this bush just to have a look, and the peat was burning below would the ground not give way?
    Tandoori time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Maybe I should get some pictures of the burning bushes at a symbol for my website, smokerspack.com now with added burning bushes. BTW I just passed them and they are still going :eek:

Bodhan wrote: »
    Maybe I should get some pictures of the burning bushes at a symbol for my website, smokerspack.com now with added burning bushes. BTW I just passed them and they are still going :eek:

Shameless promotionalism (but I'll let it slide cos its a brilliant site!) But I'm afraid you cant capture videos or images of St Adser's Fire without my permission :D:D
    But seeing as we're neighbours, I'll sell you my photos Bob ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

But those photos are illegalll!!!!! haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Weird, i noticed this on the way home from college earlier on and came on for answers. So i can confirm she is still burning as of 15.30 this afternoon. tis a strange one alright,

I noticed last weekend that the farm yard right beside the slip road has a load of semi burnt logs piled up. Curiouser and curiouser....
    I couldnt tell if it was still burning the last few days cos its been dark every time I pass it but you can definitely smell it when your driving by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Hey guys was passing by this yesterday evening on my way home and it was still smoking its very strange indeed. Has anybody found any answers to this?

blondie7 wrote: »
    Hey guys was passing by this yesterday evening on my way home and it was still smoking its very strange indeed. Has anybody found any answers to this?

no answers for you,it was still lighting this morning even after all the rain last night. could not see it on the way home today to dark.can anyone confirm its still smoking this evening.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Will someone please go into the field & find out what is going on?? Would go myself but I'm too scared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Goodne wrote: »
    Will someone please go into the field & find out what is going on?? Would go myself but I'm too scared!!

Where would one park?

Is it this field or the next one?
    I noticed it about six weeks ago on the way down from Dublin and thought some stupid ass farmer had started an illegal fire right beside the motorway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Ah here now this is mad, the feckin things are STILL burning!!! :o

I could t see it yesterday. It was dark though.

Its mental im going to bring my mum for a drive past it at the weekend and see can she give me some explanation, you no the old folk now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have seen them too - its crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just ring the fire service,tell them the bushes are on fire they'll either put the f**Kers out or tell you why there burning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Someone suggested it might be someone making charcoal, possibly from old tree roots or branches ! Feasible ?

Is it still burning i havent been down that way in a while.

still burning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Lets see if the smokey bushes survive the snow forecast over the next few days..if they do it truly is a miracle or something sus going on!

Folks we have an answer! A friend of mine knows a lad in the fire brigade and put this question to him. here's the reply.....drumroll please...

It's a bog fire that is impossible to put out as the fire goes deep down into the ground below and could go on for months. The one way of reducing the fire is by covering it up with clay etc, hence the mound or heap of bushes that we can see from the m 7.

I feel empty inside now that the mystery of St Adser's Fire has been solved and its such a simple answer. I need a new miracle to get me through these foreboding times. Anyone have a statue of the virgin mary that's whinging crying or anything?

Sure. Next thing you will say there is no God or santa claus.

Bicky wrote: »
    Sure. Next thing you will say there is no God or santa claus.

Arent they one and the same? I know I spent more time praying to Santa as a lad :D

I think the fire's out....a moment of silence please.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement