Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet and NGB

• 20-10-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Had a UTV sales guy at the door yesterday, who claimed that only Eircom and UTV are licensed to sell the NGB product. I'm with Vodafone, and have already been upgraded to what they describe as Enhanced Broadband, which I assumed was simply their rebranding of NGB to differentiate themselves from Eircom.

I see that UTV actually refers to "Next Generation Broadband" on their website, so is that all this guy was talking about - license to use the same product name as Eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Door to door salesperson in "lie" shocker! Sales people lie, and this is one of the best. If he calls back, tell him he's full of sh*t, and to go away.

All of eircom's products are available wholesale to any other ISP. There is no licence to sell these. The only licence is that given by Comreg to operate as an ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Thanks - that's what I thought.

Any chance UTV would give me free internets in exchange for not reporting them to Comreg? :P

Advertisement