Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox media update

• 20-10-2010 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi I have no internet at home but have been told that the I can download the update to a usb stick and update my xbox from that. One problem however work has my hands tied as what sites I can visit. I wanted to know if possible could someone give me a direct download link. Or does someone know if it is possible for me to download it via my phone (san franciso)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

This isn't possible. The OMU (Optional Media Update) can't be downloaded except from Xbox Live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

As mentioned by Touching Virus, if it's the Optional Media Update that you're after, then it's not possible. It has to be downloaded from XBox Live.

If it's the System Update that you're looking to install, playing a newly released game should install the update for you. Or you can download it from http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/UpdateSteps.

For the New New XBox Experience (i.e. the Kinect update), due out in the next couple of weeks, they will probably update this article a few weeks later. Again, any game released in November / December should probably have the update on the Disc also.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Is the only way to watch movies on the xbox without a constant internet connection still to sign up a new silver account and download the media update?

I've just moved into a house with no internet access and cant watch movies/tv shows!!
    ...such a pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yes and it's likely to stay that way. Banned consoles without the OMU cannot get it etc. etc. :)

Advertisement