Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1pm Outside Student Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

errlloyd wrote: »
    Observer costs 15,000.

Im pretty sure it dosnt and according to last years President's accounts it costs alot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Grimes wrote: »
    Im pretty sure it dosnt and according to last years President's accounts it costs alot more.

I just remember it being the same as rep training last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

errlloyd wrote: »
    I just remember it being the same as rep training last year?

The accounts said 50k. I remember because belfield fm was 10k and I remember feeling really hard done by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

How come no ones píssed off that the presidents been robbing 150k extra a year from us?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EduKate

How come no ones píssed off that the presidents been robbing 150k extra a year from us?

+1

UCD has to pay back illegal bonuses amounting to 1.6 million, but it's not Brady and the other staff who recieved the bonuses who will pay - the money will come from the general university budget.

Think of that the next time you're paying the health service charge or struggling to find a book in the library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Grimes wrote: »
    Most of it pays for the student center. You all voted for the student center levy four years ago and it passed.
    I voted against it, and so did most people I knew. There were/are an incredible amount of hacks who wanted their vanity project though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    They will never just double registration fee's like that - it would cripple many students. The figure of 3k might be rumoured so that when the actual rise of a couple of hundred euros is introduced it won't seem so bad.

I'll say one thing, it's about time that the gov stopped paying the reg fee's of certain 'underprivileged' students. What's wrong with using some sort of Australian style student loan system?

Apparently a significant number of Australians have a little habit of disappearing to the UK or US once they finish college and don't return for 5-15 years by which time a lot of the banks have given up ever getting their money back. Or so I've heard.

Out of interest if a student loan style system was introduced and you finished college and emigrated to Canada for example without paying your loan back is there anyway the bank would ever be able to catch up with you?? I find it hard to imagine them attempting to get you extradited.

Advertisement