Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve

Options
  • 20-10-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi guys
    I am wondering if anyone could help me with the following matter ,Bought a Vodafone BB last week and got it unlocked,I am on bill pay with internet conection of 1gb with Meteor and it seems like I can not get on internet
    Could anyone help to set the settings ???
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

hi guys
    I am wondering if anyone could help me with the following matter ,Bought a Vodafone BB last week and got it unlocked,I am on bill pay with internet conection of 1gb with Meteor and it seems like I can not get on internet
    Could anyone help to set the settings ???
    Thanks
    You won't be able to browse with the Blackberry Browser unless you are on BIS or BES, but before you go over to Meteor, download Opera from App World with a Vodafone Prepay card. When you have your Metor card put back into the phone go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP/IP and enter the APN settings for Meteor (I'm sure these are in a sticky at the top of the Forum). You should be able to browse using Opera on Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 angel23angel

Thanks so much Mate! I will try what you just told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry Curve 9300 myself on vodafone pre pay, i'm just looking for peoples reviews. I'm currently on Meteor and it would be my 1st smartphone. It is important that it can preform basic tasks well like txting and calling, i'm not looking for a toy. Then on top of that I need something to check my emails but I will not really need to send emails. I would also like to be able to do some very light browsing and possibly download some apps...even though this will be new ground for me. All advice and recommendations welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You'd be better off with a Nokia e63 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

why may I ask? What network is it on? I've had battery problems with nokia in the past so i've a bit of a bad taste

• Advertisement
Advertisement