Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmleigh Woods

Options
  • 20-10-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi we are thinking of moving to Farmleigh Woods,Castleknock. We love the location and grounds. Any opinions good or bad please? Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

• Registered Users Posts: 37 38 redwood

Thanks "Who Ru". I have read all posts in your link. They are mostly old except for the 2 recent ones from "Scot2020" (his only 2 posts on "boards") I dont know why he has such an interest in Farmleigh Woods if he doesnt live there. I am suspicious of his motives because why would he be interested in a place he doesnt live and then go to the trouble of posting here. We have been looking at apartments and houses there. Houses unfortunately are still too expensive for us. There are not many apartments for sale or rent there at moment either on Daft or Myhome which looks good. Builder has some duplex apts but we prefer to live on top floor. I was hoping to get some information or advice from existing residents. We are retired and have never lived in an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i know a girl who lived in a 1 bed apt in farmleigh for a year.

as with all irish apts, there is little sound proofing between apts, she said you can hear almost everything in the apt above or next to you. i'm open to correction on this by those living there.

rent is very high there also. in terms of house prices i think they are still at 2006 levels which is totally unrealistic in today's market. i would not be surprised if most of the unsold houses are now the property of the people through NAMA.

i would look around at other options if i were you. hopefully those that live there will reply.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

I am renting there at the moment. I really like it. I had read about sound proofing issues before I rented but I rarely hear anything from above , below of either side [maybe I am the noisy one].

The apartments get lots of light, everything is finished very nicely. Water pressure is great. Very nice view from living / kitchen. Feels quite spacious.

I cycle to work - so straight into the park through whites gate.

Downsides - No windows in bathrooms (in mine anyway). Its an apartment, so have to lug groceries up in the lift [not really a problem] - I've never met my neighbours [not really a problem either].

Overall very happy with decision to rent here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 38 redwood

Thank You OUTOFSYNC for taking the time to reply. Sounds good to me.Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It looks half empty every time I pass it.

Advertisement