Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking without yeast & tomatoes

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Found out last week that I've an intolerance to yeast and tomatoes and I've to stay off them both completely for 4 weeks.

I'm really struggling with what I can eat. So far I've just been living off stirfries, or dry meat and potato but am really getting bored.

I'm cooking dinner for a friend on Saturday night and want to cook something nice but am struggling to come up with ideas. Anyone got any for me?? It has to be low fat too because I'm doing Weight Watchers! I can't believe how restricted my diet is at the moment, it sucks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Sounds like you still have plenty of foods available to you...

All meat, fish, poultry, vegetables (of which are there are a huge variety), fruit, nuts (check packs for yeast in any coatings), cheese, eggs, seeds... the list of what you can eat is long and varied.

Do you cook? If not then you'll find it harder. If you cook then maybe make soups for lunch (great in this weather) and meat and veg for dinner (plenty of ways to mix it up here). For breakfast try eggs.

If you miss bread loads then you can make your own. I have a recipe for a really hearty yeast-free brown bread if you want it - takes about an hour to make though most of this time is baking in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Actually cheese is out, there's yeast in that.

I know the list of foods I can eat, but it's coming up with recipe ideas that I'm struggling with. So many sauces are off limits (between not being able to use tomatoes/cheese, and weight watchers).

Bread isn't an issue. I'm fine with lunches, breakfasts. I just really need some nice dinner ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Actually cheese is out, there's yeast in that.

I know the list of foods I can eat, but it's coming up with recipe ideas that I'm struggling with. So many sauces are off limits (between not being able to use tomatoes/cheese, and weight watchers).

Bread isn't an issue. I'm fine with lunches, breakfasts. I just really need some nice dinner ideas :)

How about a nice curry?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Shenshen wrote: »
    How about a nice curry?

Just picked up a book at lunchtime called "Cooking without" so I got some good recipe ideas in that. Curry was one of them so think I'm going to do that on Saturday night :) There's a lot of stuff in it that I wouldn't eat though so it's going to be another 3 & a half weeks of repetitive dinners!

Advertisement