Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat & drink on a hen?

• 20-10-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi

Would be grateful for any help. Oragnising a hen in Waterford the second week of Nov.

We are staying in the lodges in Waterford Castle. Anyone recommend a decent place to eat with a good atmosphere on the sat & a pub/late night bar/nightclub? We just want a fun night nothing too tacky we wont have a trace of pink boas or rabbits ears on us but hope to bust a few moves on a dance floor somewhere...
    All late 20's and should be about 15 of us

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Revolution/Escape caters for all your needs in that you can eat there and it is also a late bar and a night club!

Edit: may as well put in a link for you! http://www.revolutionwaterford.com/

In terms of food alone, if you are looking for a nice meal in a restaurant id recommend Sabaii, La Palma, Bodega, it depends on what kind of food you would be after i guess

www.sabai.ie
    www.lapalma.ie
    www.bodegawaterford.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya,

Future Mrs Ziedth went to revolution for food and drink and they were dead happy with it OP.

did they do the cocktail training class Z?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Revolution would definitely be your best bet OP...food is great and the place is perfect for hens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cackling hens look out

Would not go near Revolution for food. They make up the majority of it's food beforehand and then it's thrown in a microwave. The food could have been sitting there a week.

In terms of food alone, if you are looking for a nice meal in a restaurant id recommend Sabaii, La Palma, Bodega, it depends on what kind of food you would be after i guess

www.sabai.ie
    www.lapalma.ie
    www.bodegawaterford.com

as was said above is your best bet

With regard going out... Harveys is your best bet for ur age group maybe starting off in the Kazbar or Geoffs. Revolution is full of kids on the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Would not go near Revolution for food. They make up the majority of it's food beforehand and then it's thrown in a microwave. The food could have been sitting there a week.

With regard going out... Harveys is your best bet for ur age group maybe starting off in the Kazbar or Geoffs. Revolution is full of kids on the weekend

You know this for a fact, do you? Or did you just join boards to badmouth a business? Troll!

Like many others here, I've enjoyed food in Revolution and in Flash's and it's top quality. That's probably why it's won awards.

gscully wrote: »
    You know this for a fact, do you? Or did you just join boards to badmouth a business? Troll!

Like many others here, I've enjoyed food in Revolution and in Flash's and it's top quality. That's probably why it's won awards.

It is a fact.... check it out !!!

If you say so :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

www.sabai.ie
    www.lapalma.ie
    www.bodegawaterford.com

as was said above is your best bet

Doubt that very much,anytime i have had food in revolution it was great, definitely not microwaved and always served with a smile from Flash,your talking out of you hole,give credit where credit is due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Well having worked there for a handful of months,I know for a fact that this just isn't true. And I'm not being biased in my answer, as I left on bad terms from there so it would be easy to pop in a dig.
    So before you go badmouthing a place, provide us with the proof.

ok so a chef is employed all day by Flash to work.... dont think so. So u tell me what happens when someone comes in at six o clock and orders food ???.... I've seen it with my own eyes what goes on.... come on now we are all adults

The Cavarey is fresh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

^ Your about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike,GTFO.

^ Your about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike,GTFO.

Well done...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

fact, check what out?
    all cackle puff and no proof , :pac::pac::pac::pac:

not barred from that establishment by any chance are you mr/ms cackle.....;)

well done another good one !!!:D

Don't feed the troll

gscully wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll

Very Funny.

Ok Seriously.... customer goes into Revolution today at six o clock orders the curry/lasagne/pasta off the menu, the bar person runs into the kitchen, grabs a plate takes some pre made curry etc and bangs it in the microwave, if everyone is so sure that it does not happen please feel free to have a go and if i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up and retract everything i've said !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Very Funny.

Ok Seriously.... customer goes into Revolution today at six o clock orders the curry/lasagne/pasta off the menu, the bar person runs into the kitchen, grabs a plate takes some pre made curry etc and bangs it in the microwave, if everyone is so sure that it does not happen please feel free to have a go and if i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up and retract everything i've said !!!

I am aware of 2 people who work the bar in Revolution who are qualified Chefs!! So is Flash himself - who is never out of the place...It certainly looks as if someone is having a cheap pop at one of the hardest working public houses in Waterford..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Very Funny.

postindirty-3.jpg

But seriously I've eaten a number of times in Revolution and have been underwhelmed. I do seem to be in a minority though. Great early bird and fantastic food and wine.

But if the OP would like to have a meal in a restaurant rather than a gastro pub, Bodega right across the road would fit the bill nicely.

Then you can pop over to the pubs after to start the party if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Got great food there last night, was about 8ish, def not microwaved.

Well I can tell you as an employee of the place, i may be called biased, however, flash himself is a qualified chef and is there all day every day, there is a full time chef also employed in the kitchen to deal with the carvery etc.. the supervisor on an evening shift is fully qualified in cooking but also work in the bar as im sure you all know there just isnt enough trade at the moment to justify having a full time chef to work kitchen only between the hours of 6-midnight, when we stop serving food

I can assure you the sirloin steak is cooked the same as any other retaurant, the burgers are cooked on a griddle, the plaice is freshly battered and deep fried to order, the sizzling platters are also cooked to order (they can hardly be pre made can they! :)) Omlettes are made on a frying pan, beef and guinnes pie in an oven and the homemade wedges are cooked from real potatos in a fat fryer.

All the equipment you see in the kitchen is actually used, not just expensive toys for show!

Advertisement