Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best books for economics

• 20-10-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Could someone please list the best text and revision books for lc 2011. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Text: Economics by Denis L. O' Grady (Folens)
    Revision Book: Rapid Revision Economics

Past papers and marking schemes also essential

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I don't know about that other book but im finding the 'understanding economics' book good, im teaching myself so a good book is essential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Liveit wrote: »
    I don't know about that other book but im finding the 'understanding economics' book good, im teaching myself so a good book is essential

Understanding Economics by Delaney and Rapid Revision Economics are the two best by far. Read the Sunday newspapers and keep an eye on the statistics/news. You don't need a abig thick curriculum book like whats in school at the moment. HAlf the stuff will be missing anyway and you'll spend more time reading than learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭shefra

Thanks a mill for all the advice, very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Could anyone tell me if it's worth taking up Economics? I'm going for about 580+ points and I'm a repeat. I've already taken up Ag Science but it's all timetabled in and we should get the course done. I'm thinking of dropping Irish, I don't think I have what it takes to move up from the B.. anyone got any ideas? I'm only doing 7 honours and if I took the Economics I'd drop the Irish HL...

• Advertisement
Advertisement