Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle XS35GT

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hey,

This looks like a brilliant machine for a HTPC, Shuttle site, ebuyer.com, PixMania.ie

Basically it's an Ultra Small Form Factor PC with Dual Core atom Processor and ION2 Graphics card. Has space for a 2.5" HDD/SSD and a single 200 pin SO-DIMM slot supporting up to 2GB RAM. Also has a slim optical drive bay but I doubt I'll make use of that.
    Best part is that it's fanless so completely silent!
    Throw Ubuntu on via a USB stick and install boxee and you're away!

Only question is what's the best way to get it? Would anyone know of a shop near Dublin that would stock something like this? Next best thing an online shop cheaper than PixMania (€252+€15 delivery). The ebuyer price has gone up a few pound since I last looked at it a couple of weeks ago.

I've found one on ebay.ie that would cost about €225 but I'm sure it'll be hit with customs charges??

Any help appreciated!

Advertisement