Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter V Spurs Setanta Ireland and UTV K.O 7:45

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

THFC wrote: »
    Wow, great to see all the Spurs bashers disappear faster than the Arsenal players confronted with a big match!

It's one thing I don't know if it's annoying or funny but when we beat twente it's like a six page thread when we capitulate we get 14 pages in one half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That makes no sense. Unless they're playing last week.

The fact that they were in their 30's didn't stop them beating Spurs this week.

The same will hold when they play again bext week, unless BERBA thinks being in their 30's is gonna catch up with them in the space of a week.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

It's one thing I don't know if it's annoying or funny but when we beat twente it's like a six page thread when we capitulate we get 14 pages in one half.

spot on with above , would rather be in milan tonight, than be in napoli tomorrow night all the same though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

flahavaj wrote: »
    The fact that they were in their 30's didn't stop them beating Spurs this week.

The same will hold when they play again bext week, unless BERBA thinks being in their 30's is gonna catch up with them in the space of a week.

Simples.
    They'll be a week older.

Also, they'll have to travel. Away crowd, VDV back.
    Should be a closer game.

They'll be a week older.

Should be a closer game.

Old players travel worse?:confused:

The fact that they were in their 30's didn't stop them beating 10 man Spurs this week.

Simples.

corrected above for ye flahavaj , in 2 weeks time 37 year old zanetti and co will be playing 11 men

Old players travel worse?:confused:
    No, but travelling that distance to a game isn't ideal.
    Inter play on the Sunday then Spurs on the Tuesday.
    Plus the other reasons already mentioned make it a closer game.

How do people not age in your world?

BERBA wrote: »
    corrected above for ye flahavaj , in 2 weeks time 37 year old zanetti and co will be playing 11 men

The same 37 year old who scored within the space of a few minutes when ye still had 11 men? He defies age.

A point would be a spectacular result for ye next week.

Also you'd swear ye were hard done by to be down to 10 men - your keeper bottled it big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The thread for the away match against Young Boys was the same. Full of LOLs etc when we went 1, 2 & 3 down then all quiet once we got back into it. I genuinely didn't realise there was so much anti-Spurs resentment out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

They'll be a week older.

Should be a closer game.

Inter will win next week. As much as I hate Rafa, we are a far better team full stop. There will be a plan to contain Bale, Inter will probably play more cautiously as well. A draw is the best you can hope for IMO.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The thread for the away match against Young Boys was the same. Full of LOLs etc when we went 1, 2 & 3 down then all quiet once we got back into it. I genuinely didn't realise there was so much anti-Spurs resentment out there.

If BERBA hadn't such a big gob it'd be 6 pages shorter I bet.:pac:

The same 37 year old who scored within the space of a few minutes when ye still had 11 men? He defies age.

A point would be a spectacular result for ye next week.

Also you'd swear ye were hard done by to be down to 10 men - your keeper bottled it big time.

point wouldnt be the end of the world tbh in the return against inter, we should beat bremen at the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Just looked at the score :eek:

Has the dvd of the second half been released yet :P

Inter will win next week. As much as I hate Rafa, we are a far better team full stop. There will be a plan to contain Bale, Inter will probably play more cautiously as well. A draw is the best you can hope for IMO.

I don't remember if I said it here or in the spurs forum but I'd be happy with a point it would leave things in our own hands

I'm not a spurs fan.
    I just think they'll have a better chance of a result next week than they ever had tonight.
    The reasons I gave are...er...the reasons for this.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Just looked at the score :eek:

Has the dvd of the second half been released yet :P

Ya it's due out next week we are doing some north Korean style editing to show our famous 3-0 away win :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

had you read what was said earlier the fact that 'Arry made comments about the pool in the Rag and the fact that Rafa was the opposing manager might explain the increased number of comments and general interest of alot of people - NOT necessarily all Anti spurs.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    had you read what was said earlier the fact that 'Arry made comments about the pool in the Rag and the fact that Rafa was the opposing manager might explain the increased number of comments and general interest of alot of people - NOT necessarily all Anti spurs.

so it all comes down to LIVERPOOL and harry for the anti jibes!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Some hatttrick by Bale, delighted for him despite the result

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

if you read the comments quite alot of them (not all admittedly) were based on 'arry and wanting him to fail as distinct from spurs and of course wanting Rafa to win.
    Alot of comments on the good goals and performance of one of the spurs players aswell - but I suppose nobody saw them either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Are Spurs and Bale done?...

nahh...
    What a game for him, he never gave up, 3 great goals. Well done sir.

papagormo wrote: »
    Are Spurs and Bale done?...

nahh...
    What a game for him, he never gave up, 3 great goals. Well done sir.

He seemed a man on a mission much like VDV they just keep going they don't except defeat even when it looks grim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So Inter get the 3 points but only increase their goal difference by 1. Some of their goals were beautiful, really nice passing and finishing, with some poor defending. Didn't see the penalty and whether it deserved a red, but what a performance by Bale.

I've always believed that the game next week was more important, as long as we didn't get hammered tonight. We were very close to it, only for Bale to show his real quality. The match next week will be very interesting, particularly with VDV back in the team.

SuprSi wrote: »
    So Inter get the 3 points but only increase their goal difference by 1. Some of their goals were beautiful, really nice passing and finishing, with some poor defending. Didn't see the penalty and whether it deserved a red, but what a performance by Bale.

I've always believed that the game next week was more important, as long as we didn't get hammered tonight. We were very close to it, only for Bale to show his real quality. The match next week will be very interesting, particularly with VDV back in the team.

defending was piss poor. pen was very clear cut and the red was deserved. Second half performance was totally down to Inter taking the foot off the pedal. If they 'went for it' the 10 men I think would have got an awful hammering - not the Italian way. Bale took his 3 goals very well and was like a one man team from a 'going forward' perspective.
    Should be an interesting return leg - with everton then Utd in between - a busy but interesting time to be a spurs fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Are Spuds out yet?

• Advertisement

Bale for the Gunners!!!!

efb wrote: »
    Bale for the Gunners!!!!

why would he go to arsenal? , 5 years without a trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

68778_438116903518_546753518_5243235_5981560_n.jpg

BERBA wrote: »
    why would he go to arsenal? , 5 years without a trophy

How many seasons of CL Football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

THFC wrote: »
    Wow, great to see all the Spurs bashers disappear faster than the Arsenal players confronted with a big match!

Indeed. I posted earlier on in the thread that I'd love to have seen 11v11 without that disastrous first 7 minutes.

There was a lot of "ha ha Harry" from the Liverpool supporters etc. They vanished fairly lively as Spurs battled away.

Can't wait to see the game at WHL now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Poor first half but they really clawed back respect thanks to Gareth Bale. Sad that they took Modric out and continued to weaken their attack but I guess they couldn't do anything about it.

Best way to lose a match.

Advertisement