Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting the new 360 and trading in my older one.

• 20-10-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting the newer 360 as my xbox is around 3-4yrs and starting to act as if it's on its way out.

I know Gamestop will buy back the older xbox with the 20GB(?) HDD included so just wondering what would I need to do with HDD before I sell it? What happens with all the save data etc? Is there anyway to transfer them across onto a formatted USB stick or something or will they be lost? I'm assuming any DLC stuff can be downloaded again.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

DLC can be downloaded again. Savegames can be copied onto a formatted USB stick if you're on Dashboard 2.0.9199 (the latest version) which allows USB storage.

After you're done, you can use the console to format the the hard drive just like you used it to format the USB stick.

All your needs are in the Settings part of the xbox 360, specifically the Memory/Storage part.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Ah cool, cheers for that TouchingVirus. I suppose that's that cleared up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cheevo Hunter

DLC can only be downloaded again once you have transferred the licsence's.This can be done by going to xbox.com or you could ring up MS support and they can take you through the step's. And you can also pick yourself up a data transfer kit in the shop's and it's pretty cheap or you could get a loan of one from a friend.Then you wouldn't have to worry about losing any save's or game progress or DLC. Any other question's then feel free to ask ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

DLC can only be downloaded again once you have transferred the licsence's.This can be done by going to xbox.com or you could ring up MS support and they can take you through the step's. And you can also pick yourself up a data transfer kit in the shop's and it's pretty cheap or you could get a loan of one from a friend.Then you wouldn't have to worry about losing any save's or game progress or DLC. Any other question's then feel free to ask ;)

That's blatant misinformation about the DLC only being downloadable again once you transfer licenses.

DLC is tied to your gamertag and your console. You can use your gamertag on another console and re-download your DLC but you will only be able to play that DLC when signed in - if you're signed out it'll be a trial game or unavailable if it's additional content. Your console will be able to play the DLC regardless of who is signed in or if it's online.

If you're switching permanently, then when you get the new console you can do a license migration, which will move the licenses to your new console and once again enable access to DLC from any profile/offline.

For more information on migration (which can only be done once a year to prevent abuse) please see: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

OP, whoever you trade the console in with might be able to use a Data Transfer Kit to transfer your gear to the new hard drive. If all you have is a 20GB it doesn't take all that long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cheevo Hunter

Didn't actually mean to put 'only' in there. Sooo tired ^^

• Advertisement

Ok, cool cheers for that lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

PandyAndy
    I am in waterford and have a transfer cable, got it when i got the new box, no problem loaning it to you if you need one...

Thanks Dunnel009 but I'm alright for the moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any idea how much you get for trading in an elite nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Any idea how much you get for trading in an elite nowadays?

Im planing on trading in my elite for the new model. AFAIK, HMV will give you more money for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement