Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renters Insurance for Contents?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 1:27pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had a number of incidents where i have had my stuff stolen and I was thinking of getting renters insurance. Does anyone know who does this, whats included and roughly what it costs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Think we are with 123.ie, we have additional specified items. You can easily get a quote, there are loads of others out there providing this too. Can't remember our cost so I won't guess as there are specified items with make it higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

I have renters insurance with Quinn direct, cant think of the price at the moment (and damn, its due shortly), but its not too bad, that said its only me and my wife in the Apt.
    not sure their views on sharing with people you dont know.
    Will Pm you the cost if your interested tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Depends on type of property, whether alarm, whether shared etc. We got insurance for up to 30k for contents, including a couple of specified high value items, for about €120 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

We got insurance for up to 30k for contents, including a couple of specified high value items, for about €120 a year.

Very similar, around €120 a year for up to 27K worth of contents, with Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

AXA, 123.ie, AA, Ulster Bank all do contents insurance.

We've used the first two, considering going with the third this year. UB were also competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I got contents insurance thru Cornmarket (I think with RSA) for something like €10 a month. Covers me up to €30k I think and its actually quite decent level of cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

just checked and yes the €120 would be my price bracket as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

we have certain items listed + 30k of general items for 150

i can also bring my camera and laptop and she can bring her wedding/engagment rings out and they are still covered

good value imho

no idea who its with, my broker did it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Tigger wrote: »
    we have certain items listed + 30k of general items for 150

i can also bring my camera and laptop and she can bring her wedding/engagment rings out and they are still covered

good value imho

no idea who its with, my broker did it

Forgot to mention that we have the out-and-about thing too for laptops and a guitar. Got ours through AA, acting as a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Got mine through FBD €96 (with no claims discount), €120 without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I've had contents insurance with Royal Sun Alliance for years, costs me around 240e a year but I've had 2 claims in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

I rent a room in a house and share a common area with people I did not know before moving in. Can not get insurance for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I rent a room in a house and share a common area with people I did not know before moving in. Can not get insurance for this.

I'm the same, ring Mercury Insurance broker in Ranelagh and see if they can do anything for you.

Advertisement