Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Bursaspor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Julez wrote: »
    I've seen more promising looking players not make it with us, however I'm sure the Man Utd staff and coaching team not to mention SAF know better than me! Que him scoring now that I say he hasn't impressed me.

Golden balls didnt break into the United first team until he was 21 . . He has 2 years before he is even at that stage . .

People always applaud Wenger at bringing youngsters through at Arsenal but theres a huge factor that is always ignored. . Youngsters at Arsenal are under less pressure, expectation and will have more time to bed into the team and mature . . At United you get very little time to step up to the mark and even top players (Forlan case in point) can find it difficult to deal with the pressure of playing for United ..

I am not sure what to make of Macheda . . Talent means nothing without the proper application and commitement to improve. . If Macheda gets a few goals who knows how good he could be ? I always think of Alan Shearer and England. Dont think he scored in his first 10 or 11 games and everybody knew he was a top player. England stuck with him and he came good . . I just think its all too easy to write off any united youngsters too quickly, the kid is only 19 (younger then Smalling, Anderson, Nani and Chico) . .

Is it me or do United look very very leggy ?

Just watched Carrick and Vidic stretch for the ball there and they looked . . well . . leggy . .

This has 1-1 written all over it . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ronnie Whelan is a Twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

flahavaj wrote: »
    Who?

Cant think of a load off the top of my head, obviously most notable would be Rossi and Pique. But there are others that didnt really make it that knock around the first team for a while chris eagles types. Then there is Tosic who never even got into the first team (bar a few nothing appearences when he arrived) and looked sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is it me or do United look very very leggy ?

Just watched Carrick and Vidic stretch for the ball there and they looked . . well . . leggy . .

This has 1-1 written all over it . .

i hope so
    i layed united at 1.27 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

That looks nasty!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I DO NOT want Evra to get injured!

2007_05_25_hulk-brian-paint.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thought Evra was in serious bother there for a second, some impact in that challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Julez wrote: »
    Cant think of a load off the top of my head, obviously most notable would be Rossi and Pique. But there are others that didnt really make it that knock around the first team for a while chris eagles types. Then there is Tosic who never even got into the first team (bar a few nothing appearences when he arrived) and looked sharp.

Pique would have made it at United but wanted to go home to Barca.

Rossi was unlucky in there were some serious strikers ahead of him at teh club in his time.

Eagles has subsequently proven he's a championship level player.

Nobody knows about Tosic hes a mystery.

Give Macheda a chance at lest he's a 19 yearl old who's played 12 games for the club and has shown he has a knack of popping up with important goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

God dammit Kiko

I want Bobby Charltons hat

Seriously WTF . . .

Rooney leaving or declaring to leave shouldnt make our team incapable of making 10 yard passes . .

Anderson is playing well . . Fletcher, park and Carrick dissapointing to say the least . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

He could have done a little better there. Like i say, im sure the staff know better. I'm definitely willing to give him a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Its like a Carling Cup round 3 game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Fletch and Carrick are not controlling that midfield at all. Where is the creativity

Obi getting a chance

More and more its obvious why Fergie wont go 4-4-2 at the moment . . We cant even pass the ball or dominate midfield against this kind of sh*t. . Bringin on an extra forward will only make things worse . .

NickDrake wrote: »
    Fletch and Carrick are not controlling that midfield at all. Where is the creativity

Sure as hell wont be coming from them.Fletch aint creative and Carrick....well.....you see what im saying

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

First shot on target in an hour. Wooo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Obertan to get an assist!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Playing a very, very average team and we're playing píss poor to say the lease. Carrick is his usual self, shocking and can't string two passes together. Flecther and Park also having a shocker as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Sure as hell wont be coming from them.Fletch aint creative and Carrick....well.....you see what im saying

Oh I totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Rangers might win the group yet! Another average United performance.

This reminds me of Fifa 2010 when you could be playing with Barcelona and your team will every couple of games turn into cabbages, incapable of making even the simplest of passes . .

Rangers might win the group yet! Another average United performance.

Ah lets not go nuts now :pac:

Cmon Chico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yay Chicho on. Hopefully some life.

WTF . . Anderson ? ? ?
    Hes been our best central midfielder ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    Carrick and Anderson have given the ball away 6 times so far

come on lads

ok I counted 11 misplaced passes between the two. I'll stop now. Whys he walking to the dressing room? Bit of fitness he'll improve

Come on Chico.

• Advertisement

Theres been a shocking amount of slipping on the OT pitch the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Obertan has some strength.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Serious question here.

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to give Ronnie Whelan a commentating job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Theres been a shocking amount of slipping on the OT pitch the last few weeks

Yes, I noticed they were only watering the stretford end side too against West brom before the game and at halftime. Yet they were slipping at the opposite end

Jesus Christ Carrick its not basketball.Youre allowed actually tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Serious question here.

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to give Ronnie Whelan a commentating job?

Probably the same person who thought Lou Macari did a top job on Setanta.

• Advertisement

Bugger Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Should have put it away...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As a kid, Ronnie Whelan was one of my favourite players but please shut the fcuk up. Nothing but moaning as a commentator.

Anderson impressive tonight. Carrick and Fletch pretty poor.

Kiko actually hasnt looked arsed doing anything this entire game

Nani, Rafael, Evra, Anderson are only starters who have played well . .

Chico has looked lively and Obertan has brought more then Park was showing . .

Overall, more dissapointing then anything else .. Lets be honest, with or without Rooney this team was capable of winning by 5 goals, but their confidence and moral looks in tatters . ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

All the united fans leaving early, some kind of protest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bursapor were absolute dirt and Utd made heavy weather of it. Still, 3 points in the bag and the show moves on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Really stuck it to Eamo there.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    All the united fans leaving early, some kind of protest?

No doubt more will be made of it then should be . . Go to any top ground and watch it empty when the home team play as bad as that . . Hell, Ive seen the emirates empty earlier even when Arsenal could win certain games . .

"A winning performance, that was anything but winning.... ehh..... in the sense of admirable."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

These performances won't be acceptable come the knockout stages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Man of the match voting form.

Be sensible. Getting fed up having to delete votes cause of people arsing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Shocking performance again tonight, Carrick is not up to it, proved that yet again, he should be playing reserve team football. He is useless as they come. Not surprised Rooney is question the current team and lack of quality signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Drumpot wrote: »
    No doubt more will be made of it then should be . . Go to any top ground and watch it empty when the home team play as bad as that . . Hell, Ive seen the emirates empty earlier even when Arsenal could win certain games . .

I agree re The Emirates, though I have never done that myself nor would I ever, Londoners don't realise how lucky they are to have the tube but don't like waiting for 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Really stuck it to Eamo there.

who :confused:

Utd won. top of the group. hopefully qualifying in 1st spot. job done for the night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement