Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE APPRENTICE IRL 2010 **WEEK 6**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Good to see the PM going. There have been a couple of episodes where the PM managed the team well or managed the team poorly but managed them in the wrong direction - i.e. missed the point of the brief. Management is not leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How the **** have Najette and Dave survived till now? Hilarious! :P

I feel sorry for Sarah!

I agree with an earlier post that all the possible winners are on one team. Wouldn't surprise me if Bill shuffles the decks next week, big mismatch at the moment.

Niamh comes across as the nicest person there, I thought Michelle was nice until this week. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

How the **** have Najette and Dave survived till now? Hilarious! :P

I feel sorry for Sarah!

I agree with an earlier post that all the possible winners are on one team. Wouldn't surprise me if Bill shuffles the decks next week, big mismatch at the moment.

Niamh comes across as the nicest person there, I thought Michelle was nice until this week. :eek:
    I don't think so, I think, as much as i dislike her after this week, Michelle is doing quite well. I think the possible winners are Michelle, Barry, Jamie, Ciara? (one with the glasses), blonde one and Will. They i believe are the strongest.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

rebel10 wrote: »
    I don't think so, I think, as much as i dislike her after this week, Michelle is doing quite well. I think the possible winners are Michelle, Barry, Jamie, Ciara? (one with the glasses), blonde one and Will. They i believe are the strongest.

I'm not so sure. While IMO she is the strongest member of her team, she seems a bit emotional/hot headed. Crying in the Woodie's task was a bit OTT.

I'm waiting for her to blow up! Hopefully Najette will be on the receiving end! :pac:

My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

So a few weeks ago there was uproar because Caroline didnt bring her friends back into the board room (even though their performances on the task was miles better than Niamh (Red Jacket) and Tara. This week Sarah admits she didnt bring Panos back because she'd miss him in the house and yet no outcries about it. Hmmm....

*Although it was worth it judging by the preview for next week!*

• Advertisement

danh789 wrote: »
    So a few weeks ago there was uproar because Caroline didnt bring her friends back into the board room (even though their performances on the task was miles better than Niamh (Red Jacket) and Tara. This week Sarah admits she didnt bring Panos back because she'd miss him in the house and yet no outcries about it. Hmmm....

*Although it was worth it judging by the preview for next week!*
    Confused by the bold part.
    Caroline did it one week, yes, and then Keiran did it a short time after. It was ridiculous that he didn't bring Caroline in, thats why there were outcries. Sarah and Panos have never been in the boardroom as far as i can remember. If it happened two weeks running, then you would hear all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Am shocked by the complete lack of common sense visible in both teams efforts tonight. If these are the best business brains in the country, to quote Bill, then its no wonder we are in such a recession!-!! At least Jamie and Will are hot though!!!!!!

I'm not so sure. While IMO she is the strongest member of her team, she seems a bit emotional/hot headed. Crying in the Woodie's task was a bit OTT.

I'm waiting for her to blow up! Hopefully Najette will be on the receiving end! :pac:

My 2c.
    Hope you are right, after tonight, i hope she goes soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Just watched it on the catch-up and to be honest, I could have done a better calendar by myself. The fact that an illegal 11 month calendar won shows just how bad both of them were :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The first person Bill Cullen should sack is Brightwater Recruitment for selecting this useless lot.

That company is really going down the pipes.

• Advertisement

Can hardly wait. The new brefni

Not a hope. The producers trying the make him out to be a Brefni. He is not like him at all. Brefni actually meant the mistakes and that was his way where this guy just does it to get noticed.

He is purely in it to get on TV and is a typically Google type. He has NO interest in winning it and is pretending to be silly and "oh look at me, I am so silly". All put on. Don't fall for it people.

He should be in Big Brother

NickDrake wrote: »
    Not a hope. The producers trying the make him out to be a Brefni. He is not like him at all. Brefni actually meant the mistakes and that was his way where this guy just does it to get noticed.

He is purely in it to get on TV and is a typically Google type. He has NO interest in winning it and is pretending to be silly and "oh look at me, I am so silly". All put on. Don't fall for it people.

He should be in Big Brother
    Ah sure nobody is saying he will win, but on a dark, cold, monday night a bit of a Greek geek would entertain anyone.

Another hilarious question was the one asked by the Ford Director. "how many Facebook hits will be get?"

Was he serious? How the hell would they know. They were not asked to do market research. Sounds like he hasn't a clue what facebook is. It would involve exploring similar marketing campaigns and their success on Facebook. Good looks finding out the figures.

And what about the whole privacy issues etc.

These Directors crack me up some times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RedDevil1878

Barry is brilliant, stands out head and shoulders above the rest !!

Barry 2 win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RedDevil1878

If michelle goes onto win it would be quite funny.. Purely for the fact that this is the IRISH apprentice and both her and last years winner steve are not actually irish hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

She is Irish.

funkyouup wrote: »
    She is Irish.

Michelle Massey (28)
    UK (living in Dublin), Telco Sales Consultant
    MichelleMassey.jpgMichelle moved out of home in Lincolnshire at 15, and at age 19 she travelled to Ireland with €300 in her pocket not knowing she would never leave again. Michelle currently works as a corporate accounts manager

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Haven't read the entire posts on last night's show but Sarah had to go. Not to include the "Ford" and "Fiesta" logos on the calendar alone were sufficient grounds for firing - these are the basics that any client would require in any promotional materials and the fact that she works in PR and didn't insist on these being present is unforgivable, regardless of the quality or creativeness of the subsequent shots. She also seemed to be on a power trip from the second she was made PM; completely talking down to her team and and insisting on her way. The ironic thing is if she had simply insisted on the inclusion of the logos, she would have won the task and would have gotten away with her appalling people management. Losing to an 11 month calendar is shocking and unforgivable.

On another note......was it just me or did anyone else notice the ad for "Underbelly" during "The Apprentice" which showed (shock horror!) "bare bosoms". Doesn't bother me in the slightest (nor the language on "The Apprenctice" itself) but I assume the show attracts many younger viewers and maybe not the best choice of clip by TV3? I realise it was probably/definitely done on purpose to court controversy but it does confirm my tabloid view of TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Last night was worst "You're fired show" ever.........

Michelle only respects the lads or najette. Shocking faces she was pulling tonight. Smug.

She can't pull any faces.

• Advertisement

She can't pull any faces.
    :confused:

What i am confused about is why are you are saying she can't pull any faces, i don't understand

What i am confused about is why are you are saying she can't pull any faces, i don't understand

She only has one face, happy or sad it's the same. Not one frown or laugh line!

She only has one face, happy or sad it's the same. Not one frown or laugh line!
    Did you not see the faces she was pulling last night? The one i remember most was when they were told they lost the task, poor Sarah was devastated, and Michelle had the most horrible, smug face on her, knowing Sarah would be in for the chop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Did you not see the faces she was pulling last night? The one i remember most was when they were told they lost the task, poor Sarah was devastated, and Michelle had the most horrible, smug face on her, knowing Sarah would be in for the chop

I agree. It was like she wax excited

Michelle was nasty alright but i couldn't feel sorry for "poor" Sarah lol!
    I think Michelle moved her mouth to try some sort of distort alright :pac:

Michelle was nasty alright but i couldn't feel sorry for "poor" Sarah lol!
    I think Michelle moved her mouth to try some sort of distort alright :pac:
    Hmmm...me thinks perhaps Jerry has a little crush on Michelle and believes she can do no wrong. ;)
    When i said poor Sarah, it was because she was devastated and i believe the two, Michelle and Najette, had it in for her from the beginning. From what i can see, the two girls were part of the main group in the house, i.e. the Jamie, Caroline, etc group. Sarah and Panos have been kind of doing their own thing. Caroline last week said she despised Sarah, for reasons we don't really know, because being honest she has been in the shadows for us. I think Michelle and Najette deliberatly went out of their way to make this task difficult for Sarah, behaving like school girl bullies.

Don't get me wrong, Sarah failed on so many levels in this task, but had she the support from all her team, i believe the oversights could have been avoided. Being honest, I think Sarah has come out best out of this. She didn't accuse people of lying and bullying like the two did, a very low and unproffessional accusation. Michelle really disappointed me, i honestly liked her, and believed she stood her own ground, but after last night, i believe she stooped so low on so many different levels she may have lost respect from everyone.

dolliemix wrote: »
    I agree. It was like she wax excited
    I was trying to figure out what the waxing was:pac:

• Advertisement

Last night was worst "You're fired show" ever.........

The usual Tripe from Anton Savage. Doesn't ask any hard questions and there were plenty of times to do it last night.

Trying to stay pals with everyone and look after his own business interests is not good television and politics.

Advertisement