Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man refused entry to restaurant for wearing tracksuit - punches manager!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

optogirl wrote: »
    smoking in a pub is illegal. Wearing a tracksuit is not.

A bar/restaurant with a dress code is also perfectly legal. So they are legally entitled to refuse entry/service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

curlzy wrote: »
    Am I the only person that really and truly just doesn't give a **** what someone wears, be it Prada, Gucci, Pennys, hoopy earrings, ugg boots etc etc. I honestly just never gave a **** what anyone wears and it really boggles my mind that it seems to bother other people. LIke the pyjama wearers don't bother me AT ALL, don't wear them myself but that's coz I live in jeans, anywho I've seen people almost foam at the mouth with rage over this. Honestly puzzles me how people can worry about this ****, to me, as long as your covered I literally couldn't care less.

Doesn't bother me, really, except if I'm a manager who wants to attract rich people to my restaurant. Unless it's a group of footballers from Chelsea over to sample the nightlife and molest some women while spending large amounts of cash, they can wear suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A few years ago I would have said no. In the last few years though I've noticed that pretty much anyone that causes me hassle or shouts abuse at me on the street is wearing a tracksuit tucked into a pair of white socks. I don't like to judge people based on their clothing but the majority of people in tracksuits are scumbags that love causing trouble. So, yes, I do think restaurants should refuse entry to tracksuit wearers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

He threw a tantrum when he didn't get what he wanted. He would've been far better off appealing to the manager's human side instead of losing his temper. End result: tracksuit story non-existant, thus leaving room for the obligatory ill-researched column about how 'public money should be spent'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Hopefully he will get to wear his nice tracksuit to the restaurant in mountjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A tracksuits is a sports attire and wearing it to a social occasion is a big faux pas, the equivalent to ( but much worse than ) women who wear pajamas to the school or shops .It shows a complete lack of dress sense , imagination and effort on behalf of the wearer . Dress code standards must to be kept up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Snakeblood wrote: »
    It's private property, and they have the right to admit who they want (barring the whole woman\race thing).
    is a bar classed as private property,i would of thought if its open to the public it would become public property.

the bolt wrote: »
    is a bar classed as private property,i would of thought if its open to the public it would become public property.

Someone owns a bar, hence private property. A government office, everyone owns, thus public and can't impose dress code on visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Someone owns a bar, hence private property. A government office, everyone owns, thus public and can't impose dress code on visitors.
    wrong considering it is impossible to actually own something in ireland(i am talking about a building or premises)for example if you actually owned something you would not have to pay tax on it

wrong considering it is impossible to actually own something in ireland(i am talking about a building or premises)for example if you actually owned something you would not have to pay tax on it
    Was this supposed to make sense?

• Advertisement

the bolt wrote: »
    wrong considering it is impossible to actually own something in ireland...

Pubs, shops, restaurants are private property. Your right to be there only goes as far as the owner, manager, proprietor allows you to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

ongarboy wrote: »
    read this on yesterday's Evening Herald that a man was refused entry into a restaurant in Lord Edward Street in Dublin 2 because he wore a tracksuit. He got angry for being refused and punched the manager before the staff restrained him and called the cops. Do you think restaurants, bars, niteclubs etc are right to have dress code policies?

Every private business has/should have the right to determine right of admission. A 'No nackers policy' is fine by me, famous sportspeople excluded of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

A tracksuit is a knacker's uniform. Anyone wearing one to a restaurant should expect to be treated as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

I dont agree with dress codes and thankfully most places dont have them because you wont catch me wearing a pair of shoes to a pub or club. The restaurant has the right to stop people coming in Afaik.
    Could someone clear up whether or not pubs can refuse someone on for not wearing certain clothing? I thought pubs gave up some rights to access by the very fact that they are a pub.

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Could someone clear up whether or not pubs can refuse someone on for not wearing certain clothing? I thought pubs gave up some rights to access by the very fact that they are a pub.

Yes, they can. They don't even have to provide a reason. Management reserve the right to refuse admission. A pub is no different to a shop or café.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If he wanted a cup of tea why did he go into a restaurant instead of one of the bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If I ruled the world, and someday I will, I would have a permanent dress code that banned tracksuits for all non athletic activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

If I ruled the world, and someday I will, I would have a permanent dress code that banned tracksuits for all non athletic activities.

about time someone took a stand!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

What sort of dumbo decides to head into a restaurant wearing a tracksuit? Wait he's probably a scummer. Nevermind.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Shenshen wrote: »
    Can you imagine how tracksuit man would have reacted if once inside the restaurant he didn't like something about the service or the food?

Actually I would think tracksuit men aren't usually fussy about such things, so I doubt he would even complain... unless he asked for a "batter burger" and they gave him a "burger au poivre" or something.

• Advertisement

Scummer; (in his best posh accent) Can i get the scallops on blackpudding accompanied with the grilled asparagus wrapped in parma ham?

Waiter;
    Very good sir, anything else?

Scummer;
    Brown sauce & a can of fanta.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dress code. Must be implemented even in places that aren't even that nice. Still no reason to punch someone. Idiot!

• Well, his reaction showed that he is in fact a complete knacker and the manager was right to refuse entry. All he did was prove the point and enforce the stereotype. Tracksuits aren't suitable attire for nice restaurants, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Damn straight the manager was right. IMO tracsuits should only be worn for athletic purposes and those who see fit to wear them as daily attire *tend* to be scroates. The 'customer' in question only proves the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Call me a snobby bitch if you will but I would be pissed off if I went to a nice restaurant to see a bunch of uglies sitting there in tracksuits and pyjamas. I go to nice place to avoid looking at these types.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

whats wrong with wearing tracksuits? Wearing a tracksuit doesnt make you any differnt the a person wearing slacks and a shirt. i wear tracksuits all the time does that make me a scummer?? im anything but a scumbag i just feel comfortable wearing a pair of cotton bottoms and a hoodie. nothing wrong with it.

danwhite88 wrote: »
    whats wrong with wearing tracksuits? Wearing a tracksuit doesnt make you any differnt the a person wearing slacks and a shirt. i wear tracksuits all the time does that make me a scummer?? im anything but a scumbag i just feel comfortable wearing a pair of cotton bottoms and a hoodie. nothing wrong with it.

c u next tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    c u next tuesday

no bother ye il be standing outside.

no bother ye il be standing outside.

Excellent retort - fair fcuks! :D

• Advertisement

I wear tracksuit pants when im out for a bit of excercise pretty much everyday. But i take them off when i get home. I wouldn't return outside wearing them all day.
    Yeah its comfortable but you wouldn't go for a meal in a decent restaurant wearing a tracksuit would you FFS?

McDonalds or Subway yeah fine but not somewhere a bit fancy, i'd be too embarrassed.

Advertisement