Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man refused entry to restaurant for wearing tracksuit - punches manager!

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

WindSock wrote: »
    Call me a snobby bitch if you will but I would be pissed off if I went to a nice restaurant to see a bunch of uglies sitting there in tracksuits and pyjamas. I go to nice place to avoid looking at these types.

Pyjamas lol!!! That actually made me laugh out loud.

By god this world would be going down the crapper if people actually started wearing them in public. :rolleyes: Oh no that's what they are starting to do now isn't it. :eek:

I think a dark tracksuit trousers isn't too bad sometimes, they're genuinely more comfortable than other types of pants. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you're wearing them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Scumbag in "Acting-Like-a-Scumbag" shocker. Well I never.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

I wear tracksuit pants when im out for a bit of excercise pretty much everyday. But i take them off when i get home. I wouldn't return outside wearing them all day.
    Yeah its comfortable but you wouldn't go for a meal in a decent restaurant wearing a tracksuit would you FFS?

McDonalds or Subway yeah fine but not somewhere a bit fancy, i'd be too embarrassed.

Well depends where im going and what the occasion was. If it was like a birthday or something like that i would try look half decent and put on a pair or jeans and a t-shirt other then that i would just wear a tracksuit i dont see why i have to dress up in clothes i dont feel comfortable in just to please some people who are sitting across the room from me. i dont judge people how they dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Well depends where im going and what the occasion was. If it was like a birthday or something like that i would try look half decent and put on a pair or jeans and a t-shirt other then that i would just wear a tracksuit i dont see why i have to dress up in clothes i dont feel comfortable in just to please some people who are sitting across the room from me. i dont judge people how they dress.

If the restaurant has a dress code theres nothing you can do about it. Most chinese restaurants don't mind. But fancier places with a big reputation will have it written somewhere near the front of the premises. Well there supposed to anyway.

Not all people who wear tracksuits are scumbags, i agree. But an awful lot of them are. Its the scumbags these places are trying to keep out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Well I've worn tracksuits to restaurants a few times, if its a more "formal" restaurant I would wear plain ones obviously, don't really see why people have such an issue with them and then Jeans are automatically ok! Now it would be different if it was a evening meal or something like that which is formal, but I'd have no problem during the day.
    I was only ever refused entry to a premises on Parnell street once (at 2 in the day to go watch a soccer match) for wearing a tracksuit, so the group of us went to another pub down the road where there was no problem, their issue loosing the custom, and I wont go there again as a result.
    Also from reading the article the manager did come across being a bit of a cnut, telling the irate bloke his name was mickey mouse, don't get me wrong the guy was a scumbag for punching him, but given the guy was already irate, and the manager possibly acting like that certainly didn't help,

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hoof Hearted

Maybe he was on his way back from the track. Did the report mention how many stripes were on each leg.
    I remember getting my first track suit 30 years ago, it was in Kerry colours, green pants with 4 yellow stripes down each leg. Those were different times when it was a pleasure to wear a track suit. Now it's the last thing I'd buy in the second hand shop, you never know who scratched themselves while wearing it.

At the time I got the tracksuit, I thought it would make me run faster, but I was 8 at the time, and there was no track either just a field with crabby pattys on the ground if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

A business dosent need a reason to refuse your custom, its their choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Teutorix wrote: »
    A business dosent need a reason to refuse your custom, its their choice.

I don't know about this, they might be accused of discrimination or something if they didn't give a reason. I'm generally for the right of a business to refuse custom, but only for discretionary services, not things a person needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I don't know about this, they might be accused of discrimination or something if they didn't give a reason. I'm generally for the right of a business to refuse custom, but only for discretionary services, not things a person needs.

They don't have to give a reason as far as I know. It's up to the person who was refused to prove they were discriminated against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

This thug is not representative of the Trackie Community.He has sullied the name of tracksuits and clearly does not hold the code of values cherished by everyone from Jimmy Saville to Brian O Driscoll, in very high esteem.

When you consider the damage done to our nation by so many members of the 'Suited Community', this isolated event of literally one bad apple,fades to insignificance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

danwhite88 wrote: »
    whats wrong with wearing tracksuits? Wearing a tracksuit doesnt make you any differnt the a person wearing slacks and a shirt. i wear tracksuits all the time does that make me a scummer?? im anything but a scumbag i just feel comfortable wearing a pair of cotton bottoms and a hoodie. nothing wrong with it.

arent jeans made from cotton ???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Have to disagree with the mentality that most people who wear tracksuits are scumbags.........Most scumbags wear tracksuits, but doesnt necessarily mean most tracksuit wearers are scumbags! I'm not sure if this is getting the point across that I want to make or if I'm just being confusing. :o
    I was one of the tracksuit brigade as a teenager, as were most of my friends, none of us has ever been in any trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

a scumbag is a scumbag wheather hes in a fancy suit or a 2 bob tracksuit,the same goes for the manager of a 2 bob resteraunt.

Advertisement