Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microdermal

Options
  • 20-10-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hey guys!
    got a microdermal on my finger 2 weeks ago today!jus wondering has anyone had 1..and should it still be red around it...any ideas?havent had time to go back and ask my piercer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

:eek: on your FINGER??? :eek:

Seriously? Where on your finger/which finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

its on my left little finger...where a ring would sit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well being on your finger, it's going to get constantly agitated from movement and touching/bumping your hand against things, and just general use of your hands. Plus our hands are generally exposed to everything, so it's got a much higher chance of getting infected too.

I would never expect one of them to settle/not look red, and certainly not to heal up and be a happy piercing.

so you don't think it'll actually properly heal?that's s***!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

It shouldn't still be red after 2 weeks. Even though they seem more severe to have done than a standard piercing, done properly, they are less traumatic on the body. As Damo said, the little finger is taking constant abuse and so it would be rare for a piercing there to heal properly.
    It would definitely be best to get a piercer (who understands dermals) to take a look at it.

• Advertisement

yeah gonna pop in to her tomorrow if i get a chance just in case because i love it!its so different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Had one on my wrist a few years back, was always agitated from things like typing, hands in pockets, even sleeping. Movement, frequency of contact and other things are important, you don't realise how often your hands are banged or touched off things

Well I do since getting this..but I cover it at work(not my choice) and i'm awful careful but it does get hit I will not deny!I really don't want to lose it now after getting it done!

argh im stupid, didn't read your post properly. already done. durrr silly me. yeah will be red for a good while, mightn't heal, mine never did

I hate the thought that it may never heal!I really hope it does its not sore or anything just a bit red!

• Advertisement

All ya can do is try minimise damage/contact and hope for the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

You sure did pick a very tricky area, hope it heals for you! n' doesn't get snagged on something :D

yeah I know!but thanks!

Thanks for the advice!I'l take it onboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Darkdream

hey, I just got my two microdermals done saturday!!
    On my chest right down the center of my cleveage area...i love emm!!!!
    Still a little bit soar, but hey I just got em!!
    Yeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

Advertisement