Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIS - What is the point....

• 20-10-2010 3:20pm

In realtion to FIS, all I have to say is "what way are things run and why?"

We got a letter about 6 weeks ago saying our claim would be up in the coming weeks and to send all the necessary documents in to renew the claim. I rang the office up that deals with the claims the day I got the letter just to check something and was told by the person I spoke to to get all the stuff in early so that we would not be waiting weeks without money, grand I thought and I sent the forms in that day.

Our claim is up in the next few days so I rang today to see how far along our renewed claim was as you do especially with it coming up to Christmas. I was told that it hasn't even been looked at and won't be looked at until our current claim is up and that it may take 5 - 6 weeks maybe more for a decision to be made on it.
    Now what is the point with being told to send stuff in early as to try and not disrupt your claim only to be then told 6 weeks on from them receiving the renewed forms that it won't be looked at until it's up and then wait weeks from then for a decision.

Would it not make more sense to try and go through stuff as they get it and not leave piles of claims building up only to look at them when they run out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That was always the was, a few years ago I had a few members of staff on FIS. I spent most of the year re-sending all their details in, same stuff over and over and every year they were cut off. Such a waste of time, why can't it be the claimant's responsibility to tell FIS if there circumstances change like every other scheme.

Thats just the thing, it would make more sense, but then again when has anything done here lately made sense :rolleyes:

Never had a problem with FIS last year, sent all the stuff in before it was up and payments were not disrupted as it was in early, person I spoke to today said that way of doing things has changed.

Advertisement