Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with playback on Sky+ HD

Options
  • 20-10-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Recently we got a Sky+ HD box. We can't play anything back.

The reason we got the box in the first place was to replace a Sky+ box with the same problem.

We tried unplugging the box from the mains for 5 minutes and not turning it on for two minutes after.

Did anyone else have this problem? If so how was it fixed?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

are the recordings showing up in the planer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seancafferkey

John mac wrote: »
    are the recordings showing up in the planer?

Yeah but we can't play them back. A message comes up saying Recording Interrupted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...are you an active Sky subscriber? If so, do Sky know you have Sky+/Sky+ HD box? They need to activate the recording features.

JDxtra wrote: »
    ...are you an active Sky subscriber? If so, do Sky know you have Sky+/Sky+ HD box? They need to activate the recording features.

That's all sorted. We did that when we got the original Sky+ box

are both connections connected.

have you tried any of the anytime recordings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Possibly only one feed connected, or a problem with the second feed. Does live pause work OK?

are both connections connected.

have you tried any of the anytime recordings?

Nothing in Anytime. Everything is connected

JDxtra wrote: »
    Possibly only one feed connected, or a problem with the second feed. Does live pause work OK?

Live Pause doesn't work at all

what error message do you get when you try and pause?

(exact wording)

what error message do you get when you try and pause?

(exact wording)

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
    Recording interrupted
    Please wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
    Recording interrupted
    Please wait

Hi, the exact same thing is happening to my Sky+ box at the moment, the only change ive made is that i recently had to change the box cos the old one stopped working. Sky+, record and pause was working perfectly up to this point.Im now getting the same message, recording inrerrupted. Have googled it and its apparently due to the card and the box not matching up(they use the term not been married i think!). I think you need to ring sky so they can match the box to the card. I havent had a chance to do this yet, so hopefully this is what needs to be done!! Let me know if it is cos Sky will be getting a phone call from me this week too!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Yes, call Sky and have them pair the card to the box.

Had this myself a while back, changed a Sky+ box and thought everything was working without needing to make the call. However when I tried to play back some stuff got the same messages as listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Anybody getting a blue screen instead of recordings!

I have a series recorded and went to watch it last night. The planner shows it recorded ok but when I play back all I have seems to be 60 mins of a blue screen.

The later episodes are fine!

Is there any way to restore the recording? Would a planner rebuild work?

On an (hopefully) unrelated item, the OH recorded Private Practice on Living HD last week and when she went to replay it there was no dialogue but the background effects came through perfectly.... heels clattering, door closing, baby crying, car revving! Strange indeed!!!

Advertisement