Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 swap disc

Options
  • 20-10-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

....Ok, so I asked this question in the wrong place.

Hi,

After doing about two weeks of research into this I'm non the wiser

does anyone have any rel information on how to swap disc drives on an xbox 360. I have one with the red-ring that has a Samsung drive and the other which is perfect except the drive is broke. I simply want to swap them.

I know I need to read the key from one and spoof the other. But how ?

Has anyone done this ? Any help welcome !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

....Ok, so I asked this question in the wrong place.

Hi,

After doing about two weeks of research into this I'm non the wiser

does anyone have any rel information on how to swap disc drives on an xbox 360. I have one with the red-ring that has a Samsung drive and the other which is perfect except the drive is broke. I simply want to swap them.

I know I need to read the key from one and spoof the other. But how ?

Has anyone done this ? Any help welcome !

Can you identify the other drive before we begin? It's a fairly easy procedure & we can talk you through it without issue hopefully. Can you describe what operating system you have, and if you have on board sata ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

Yes its a BENQ drive and I have SATA ports on my PC, windows XP home edition

Yes its a BENQ drive and I have SATA ports on my PC, windows XP home edition

Ok we'll try this the easy way first. Grab yourself the Jungleflasher programme, install it and get ready to go :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ok we'll try this the easy way first. Grab yourself the Jungleflasher programme, install it and get ready to go :D

OK, so not on home PC at the moment, but will be. I'll install and get back, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Didn't you say in your other thread that you wanted to do this to get rid of the RROD? This won't, unless your RROD is related to a DVD Timeout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Didn't you say in your other thread that you wanted to do this to get rid of the RROD? This won't, unless your RROD is related to a DVD Timeout.

He has 2 xbox's, one with RROD, one working but with with a borked drive.

Take RROD xbox drive out
    Take borked drive out of working xbox
    put in working drive
    Profit

OK, so not on home PC at the moment, but will be. I'll install and get back, thanks!

Those of us at the Dharma Initiative await your next message.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Those of us at the Dharma Initiative await your next message.

JungleFlasher.0.1.75.Beta installed. I await further instruction. I will just keep pushing the button till then :)

Just read some of the manual. I think this is going to be a weekender task :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JungleFlasher 0.1.75 Beta (152)
    Session Started Wed Oct 20 21:02:06 2010

This is a 32 bit process running on 2 x 32 bit CPUs
    portio32.sys Driver Installed
    portio32.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !
    Found 4 I/O Ports.
    Found 1 Com Ports.
    Found 5 windows drives A: C: D: E: F:
    Found 2 CD/DVD drives D: E:

Ok, you now need to connect up the broken drive to your pc via one of the sata ports, whilst leaving it powered by the 360 (assuming you don't have the ck3 tool etc). From there, use Jungle Flasher to set your drive into vendor mode & dump the existing firmware. Also save your drive key seperately just incase.

Advertisement