If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a wifi Iphone dock?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I've been looking around for an iphone dock, that doubles as an internet radio using my homes wifi. Do Philips make such a thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Goperthike,

At the moment I'm afraid not. We have the MCi298 Internet radio which has a 3.5mm line input. This retails at €249.99 so with your Philips Shop Borads 10% Discount that comes to €224.99.

Have a look here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/fmanddabpage.htm - and let me know what you reckon.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Thanks, thats 90% of what I need. I really need a dock.

Looks like a really decent player all the same.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

We stock a product called the Marantz IS301.

This is a wireless dock which does appear to work with the iphone, although it does not officially state it.

The Dock is £199.95 and for some info, there is some press about this online.

http://www.avguide.com/review/playback-22-marantz-is301-wireless-dock-ipod?page=1

This link is nothing to do with us but I thought it was useful. We haven't tried this but we can try it, if you fancy a trip ???

We have the dock in stock and delivery would be £11.99.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Another option is using the iPhone as the internet radio on the dock. I picked up the Philips DS3000 from the lads here and use the Today FM and RTE Radio apps over wifi and find it excellent.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bucks73 wrote: »
    Another option is using the iPhone as the internet radio on the dock. I picked up the Philips DS3000 from the lads here and use the Today FM and RTE Radio apps over wifi and find it excellent.

Guys,

apologies for being absent for so long and for resurrecting this thread!

I missed it initially but there are really so many options it's untrue - I'm a bit of a radio freak and I have succumbed to the iPOD finally :o .

I know there are loads of different products out there but I do what Bucks suggests and I either use the specific radio APP ie most Irish stations have a simple app that allows you to listed using your broadband via the Poddy or else I use Grab radio or Tune in Radio from the App store - this gives you access to over 40,000 stations so if you want to get close to God, Bono, Nature or Slayer - you have plenty of choice (Are those not all the same thing??:D)

you can then plug you Ipod/Phone into ANY of the docks (and I'll list a few next) OR you can do what I do - that's plug in the QED U-Play Bluetooth receiver into your existing hi-fi and wander around the room with your Iphone/iPod in your paw - QED U-Play receiver sounds A M A Z I N G! and of course it works it with your existing hifi - this unit retails at £69.95 / €79.99

QED also do a bluetooth receiver that converts your existing ipod dock into a bluetooth receiver and again allows you to wander around with your poddy in your paw or pocket listening to tunes via your dock remotely.

If you have any queries or if we can assist in any way please just drop me a line and I'll do my best to respond asap,

Thanks again guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.