Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Sociology Students?

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing any of

SOC20010 - Soc Theory II
    SOC20020 - Work and Social Stratification
    SOC20040 - Sociology of Gender

I've serious trouble with blackboard at the moment, and I'm wondering if anyone knows the essay titles/requirements. I know that 2/3 are due the second week in November so I'm going to try and get them done during reading week

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here are the titles for Work and Social Stratification:
    Essay Titles
    Hi you are required to complete a 2,000 word essay as part of your course.
    Choose one essay from the following options:
    1) Do we live in a post-industrial society?*
    2) Taylorism led to a detailed division of labour. Discuss.*
    3) Critically assess Marx's theory of class and stratification.*
    4) Critically assess the view that Ireland is becoming a more equal society.*
    Essays must be submitted through safe assign*
    Submisison date 9th November 2010 3p.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Hero! Any idea about the other two? Also, do you know is the Sociology Undergraduate person still Christopher Whelan or has it changed this year? The info on the UCD site is a bit ambiguous

Advertisement