Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar dont have a online website where you can pay bills

Options
  • 20-10-2010 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

I had to pay over the phone today-dont like giving away my credit card details to some stranger in a call centre. Obviously ill be looking over my monthly statement for any signs of fraud but still.

And the person who answered the phone was a scally! *distrust*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't see how this is a Consumer Issue. Surely they offer the option of paying by bank transfer, direct debit or even by cheque.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

nudist wrote: »
    I had to pay over the phone today-dont like giving away my credit card details to some stranger in a call centre. Obviously ill be looking over my monthly statement for any signs of fraud but still.

And the person who answered the phone was a scally! *distrust*

everytime you pay for goods in a shop, the shop holds the card details (excluding the pin number) for a minimum of 12 months.

Where you are covered is via the pin number - if the card is used without the pin number, then the shop has to prove you received the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

91011 wrote: »
    everytime you pay for goods in a shop, the shop holds the card details (excluding the pin number) for a minimum of 12 months.

Not always true, while not all stores will have implemented this yet, but card scheme rules now say than the card number must be masked on the merchant copy of the receipt, it is already masked on the customer copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Not always true, while not all stores will have implemented this yet, but card scheme rules now say than the card number must be masked on the merchant copy of the receipt, it is already masked on the customer copy.

Well it has been the case for years. We used to have boxes and boxes of customer credit card numbers back when I worked in shops because you had to keep them, like was mentioned before.

I wouldn't worry OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Pythia wrote: »
    Well it has been the case for years. We used to have boxes and boxes of customer credit card numbers back when I worked in shops because you had to keep them, like was mentioned before.

I wouldn't worry OP.

Rules only changed last year, for Mastercard it is now required, but only "recommanded" by visa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement